vs. RAYS, 4/02 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing like baseball! I know I don't share this opinion with everyone, but for me, there's also nothing like Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer!

Also, what's with the weird start time today? I missed the home run fully expecting the game to start at 7.05 eastern. Oh well!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Good guess. Would be more impressive if they hadn't already announced it!
    • Yea, Tiger SHOULD have. He dominated his sport unlike anyone ever has in basically any sport. He absolutely wins way more if he wasn’t a knucklehead, didn’t get hurt, etc….thats not even up for debate.
    • I had a feeling we might see Cowser on the bench tonight with Kjerstad getting a start in LF.
    • If Mayo comes up, Urias is still here. Hays and Mayo here.  McKenna and Kjerstad down.   If Mayo is unplayable at 3B because of defense but he’s raking, he either goes down or gets worked into the RF/DH mix.   If he doesn’t hit but the fielding is adequate he gets a long leash unless it’s Holliday epically bad.      Lastly, if Mayo is great on both sides of the ball here are some options with Holliday.   He can replace Urias as a backup at 3B and 2B or he can put up numbers at Norfolk. Longterm.  Experiment with Holliday in CF.  He’s got the speed for it and a better arm than Cedric.  If he takes to it, he could replace Mullins as soon as next year.  You could attempt the same thing with Westburg.  Or you could put Holliday at 2B and make Westburg an everyday backup who plays all over.   Or you could trade one of them. I would lean towards the CF experiment for Holliday.   Kills two birds with one stone.
    • Should have? Unless you're saying everyone should reach their ceiling even if they have injuries, I don't think your word choice is correct.  Now Nick is different than Tiger. As Drungo pointed out, he basically treaded water after a great start to his career. I can see you thinking he should have had a better career than he did. I actually think that's probably correct, though I assume it's pure speculation on why he didn't in fact have that career.  
    • Yes! 200 mill payroll sure would make my $12  Mic Ultra taste better
    • First, Kids 2 and under are free no matter what.   Second, Kids 9 and under are free - you just have to get tickets in certain sections with a paid adult ticket.  Usually, they run about $17 per ticket.  So, a family of 4 going to the game would be $34.00.  Thats not that bad at all. The Orioles also do a lot of ticketing strategies / plans to make it affordable IF you do plan on attending 4+ games in a season.  Sometimes you just have to do it before the season starts. What I don't like - is that every year the concessions cost more $$$, the portions get smaller, and the parking fee's increase.  I remember back in 2014/2017 you could go get a pretzel for $5.00.  It was decent size and now of course - its like $7.50 and they changed the shape to a small "O"....  All of that is getting out of control.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now