Jason Hammel Today, 2013

OFFNY

ERA is still above 5 for the year. Amazing he has 7 wins. Hammel needs to pick it up.

He's pitched well in three of his last four games. Can't require a pitcher to never allow a run.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's pitched well in three of his last four games. Can't require a pitcher to never allow a run.

Look at his body of work this season. He's 30 years old. He's not a guy who's going to drastically change his dynamic as a pitcher. He's been a guy who has sucked most of his career.

Look at his body of work this season. He's 30 years old. He's not a guy who's going to drastically change his dynamic as a pitcher. He's been a guy who has sucked most of his career.

Suck? He pitched in Colorado for 3 years and despite that, his last 4 years prior to coming to the O's:

4.63 ERA, 2.9 BB/9, 6.1 SO/9, 1.416 WHIP

Not great numbers. more of a #4/#5. But good peripherals.

Oddly enough, his ERA at Coors Field? 4.95. His ERA at Camden Yards? 4.95. Hah! Similar WHIP, too.

Suck? He pitched in Colorado for 3 years and despite that, his last 4 years prior to coming to the O's:

4.63 ERA, 2.9 BB/9, 6.1 SO/9, 1.416 WHIP

Not great numbers. more of a #4/#5. But good peripherals.

Oddly enough, his ERA at Coors Field? 4.95. His ERA at Camden Yards? 4.95. Hah! Similar WHIP, too.

That's losing baseball. I would cut bait with Hammel and trade him.

And replace him with whom? 3 out of his last 4 starts were either good or very good. He's not walking the park. He's throwing more strikes. His 2 seamer is working again. He's on his way to getting himself back to where he needs to be.

There's noone to replace him with at this point and time.

I didn't see the game tonight but was following on the phone. I blame James frickin' Loney! Gameday described it as a soft single to center field, on an 0-2 pitch no less (bot 7). Next pitch HR by Jennings.

Tough loss but "big picture" a bit encouraging. Anytime one of our starters pitches this well it makes me happy and gives me hope that a run of good pitching could be in the offing. It just figures that the offense looks to be heading into a bit of a funk - good pitching by Archer aside, of course.

We don't have anyone half decent to replace him. We're already using Freddy Garcia and a kid who started 8 games in AA.

Hammel has been solid lately with the exception of the Detroit outing, so let's just hope he'll continue to improve as the season progresses.

Meh, he was more than solid. He was good. But you don't get many wins when the offense scores only one.

Unfortunately Hammel needed to be perfect tonight. Still, I would take another dozen starts like this one.

Yeah, I think that gets lost here. He pitched great. Left the bullpen in great shape. That kind of start gets us into the playoffs. It really does.

Hammel was outstanding tonight. Every bit as good as Gonzo the other day. Offense was no show. Oh well. Very encouraging for Hammel though. Not sure what some of you watched, he was mowing guys down.
People are dumb. If we were going into a post-season game with the Rays, people would be talking about how great Jason pitched the last time he faced them.......lol.

Archived