Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

No one made this much fuss when we let Alfredo Simon and Matt Albers go.

No disrespect, but if you don't see the value of Mark Reynolds over Alfredo Simon and Matt Albers, you have a lot to learn. If your post was sarcasm, I apologize.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can think of about six million reasons why they did not bring Reynolds back. Bottom line, he could get more money from the Indians, who would can him to play defense as well as hit the ball. We have Chris Davis through 2015 and of course Manny. He is worth more to the Indians than to us.

Hopefully Reynolds keeps hitting HR's so we can keep dealing with this question all season :rolleyes:

Mark Reynolds was arguably the worst defensive 3rd basemen I've ever seen. And his defense at 1st was overrated.

Also he struck out a ton, and other than a few games against the Yanks (and God Bless him for those), he pretty much stunk at the plate last year.

I'll still take the bet that Davis ends up with more HR and RBI than Reynolds when it's all said and done. And on top of it, his OBP will be WAY better. Reimold has been disappointing so far as the main DH, but there's a lot of season left.

No disrespect' date=' but if you don't see the value of Mark Reynolds over Alfredo Simon and Matt Albers, you have a lot to learn. If your post was sarcasm, I apologize.[/quote']

It's pretty convenient that you're the one with all the answers but can't tell if my post was sarcastic or not.

Do some research. Check out his numbers while he was here. Then tell me if you think he was worth 11 million a year.

I think these threads keep coming up because the DD/O's front office backers refuse to look at this rationaly and simply admit that DD made a mistake on this one.

First off Reynolds got a one year 6 million dollar contract.

And his numbers here were for the two years averages and OPS+ of 112, even considering he played 2 months last year fighting an oblique injury.

That would have been a bargain and his bounceback this year towards his career average power numbers just makes him even more of a bargain.

Might be a little more than a hot streak. Never know I guess...

I'm sick of reading all the bickering about Reynolds as well, but I don't see a problem with this thread. It's in the MLB forum. There are threads here about Jeremy Guthrie and Erik Bedard as well...

While I don't know for sure, I'm assuming from the first reply in this thread that it wasn't originally.

Reynolds K rate is down quite a bit this year from his norm. I've been watching him periodically and although really haven't noticed anything significant with his swing he does seem to be taking more balls up the middle and even opposite field these days. Not sure if he's reinvented himself or what, but he is off to an amazing start.

The Indians even had him playing 3b the other day.

I can think of about six million reasons why they did not bring Reynolds back. Bottom line, he could get more money from the Indians, who would can him to play defense as well as hit the ball. We have Chris Davis through 2015 and of course Manny. He is worth more to the Indians than to us.

Well let see, .300/.376/.650/1.026 10HR 27RBI... I can think of about 6 million reasons I would love for Mark Reynolds to be in our line up. Yea, Yea, I understand those numbers will not hold up for the season, but I think Mark was struggling from some injuries and just having an off season last year and I expected him to have a come back year this season. However, yea we have beat this horse enough.

I think it has been too small a sample size to regret not retaining Mark Reynolds. He was definitely a fun personality to have on the team and I wish him the best, but I think this team can be better without him, and his salary for that matter.

Like someone else already alluded to, we had a murderer's row of strikeouts in our lineup by the time the end of the season and playoffs came about. I think with his salary demands and the desire to add more contact in the lineup, he just didn't fit. Obviously, in hindsight, with Reimold's lack of production (Betemit being hurt) and Roberts not being in the lineup to add contact, it makes the decision look worse than it was, but as always, hindsight is 20/20.

We will see though. Reynolds may make DD look foolish or he could return to the streaky, strikeout hitter that we remember and this question will slip everyone's mind as we continue to look forward.

Yeah, I agree with all that. I just saw that there was yet another Reynolds thread posted today in Orioles Talk, which is definitely ridiculous. But I don't think there's anything wrong with having a "Mark Reynolds 2013" thread in the MLB forum for people to talk about how he's doing. :)
While I don't know for sure, I'm assuming from the first reply in this thread that it wasn't originally.

WEAMS-A-MERGE .:)

(Apologies if it was Paul, Scottie, Tony, or SBauer.)

Archived