Anyone miss Mark Reynolds yesterday?

Mr Snuffleupagus

Not another one...

:rolleyestf:

To the person who started this little thread, do you think Reynolds will finish with a better season than Chris Davis? I'm open to whatever metric you deem most worthy. WAR? wOBA? OBP? OPS? OPS+?

Reynolds is hot now. He'll be ice cold for a good 3 month stretch later this season. Let's get some action on this.

That assumes the two couldn't coexist. Who is better now, Reynolds or the Orioles DH spot?

While I agree that Reynolds had dry spells, he was never a hole in the lineup due to his team leading P/PA and power threat. I think his leaving had less to do with production and a lot more to due with personality.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is probably the last Mark Reynolds thread we will see this year,(ha, ha) I thought I would share a pretty cool story. I think this came from Tim McCarver on a Fox broadcast.

In high school Mark Reynolds, David Wright, and B.J. Upton all played on a travel team together. I think in three years these guys only lost one game. I think we need to send some scouts to VA Beach and find out who the players were on the team they lost to.

Since this is probably the last Mark Reynolds thread we will see this year' date='(ha, ha) I thought I would share a pretty cool story. I think this came from Tim McCarver on a Fox broadcast.

In high school Mark Reynolds, David Wright, and B.J. Upton all played on a travel team together. I think in three years these guys only lost one game. I think we need to send some scouts to VA Beach and find out who the players were on the team they lost to.[/quote']

And Reynolds played shortstop.

That assumes the two couldn't coexist. Who is better now, Reynolds or the Orioles DH spot?

I don't think this is necessarily fair because I don't think either of them wants to DH. If I remember correctly, both thought they hit better when playing in the field. Even this year, Reynolds has played 11 games as DH, and his numbers are significantly lower than when he plays in the field.

So while I don't think it can be assumed that Reynolds would be doing the same thing here, I certainly don't think that it can be assumed that he would be doing the same thing here as the DH.

Our DH spot has definitely been a weak spot, but we could not have projected Betemit's injury.

I didn't see this mentioned, or did I miss it? But Mark has the most home runs in baseball since August 31st of last year. Small sample size? Sure... But still... Mark's just killing it right now.

You could just tell me I misspelled Glynn , but that would not give you the opportunity to be rude and sarcastic.

I don't think it was necessarily rude. It was absolutely sarcastic, but I don't know if I would go as far to say that it was rude.

Two things:

1) If being without a contract for a few months taught Reynolds that he needed to change his approach, I'm happy for him.

2) Once the O's did not offer him a contract, he said he wanted to play for a team that trained in AZ, because that's where he lives. Because of that, I predicted he would sign with the Indians. It was just the logical place for a guy with a big bat who was not considered desirable by teams likely to make the playoffs. I hope it works out for him there.

Archived