Chris Tillman Today, 2013

OFFNY

Best outing by far of any Oriole pitcher so far this year, including Chen's 1 run outing which looked better than it was. Im still very concerned that Gonzo isnt what he was last year and that Hammel

is just a serviceable pitcher. We need more shutdown performances like we saw tonight or we will be a .500 team.I'd be for bringing Britton up to pitch on Wed. But I think Burnett will get the call.

Unfortunately.

Britton can't throw strikes. His most recent outing had a good earned run result, but I think he only threw 50% of his pitches for strikes. He's not been good.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Wednesday's game with be starter by committee with a few guys going 3 innings and then 2 innings. Then a roster move for the trip. Catching Oakland without Cespedes with bad wrist helps.

Catching Oakland with the same travel itinerary is great too. Oakland will be leaving Boston Wednesday after a day game. No extra innings for the O's. As to Tillman, it was a nice, needed game. I hope it continues in the warm months with the wind blowing out. Both pitchers probably looked a bit better due to the conditions.

With Tillman stepping up the O's now have four starters that can keep the O's in games so the offense and pen have time to get the win. That was the formula for the last two months of the last year. Four good starters keep the O's winning, five makes them dominant.

With Tillman stepping up the O's now have four starters that can keep the O's in games so the offense and pen have time to get the win. That was the formula for the last two months of the last year. Four good starters keep the O's winning, five makes them dominant.

Woooaaahh hoss... Tillman comes into the game having allowed 11 runs and 27 baserunners in 14 innings. He pitches 6+ with 3 walks and 3 Ks and suddenly he's penciled in as one of four solid starters? It's a positive sign, but this is the same Tillman with 5+ ERAs in three of four previous seasons and a 5.23 in four outings thusfar in '13.

His game score yesterday was 62. That would have ranked fourth among his 2011 starts, and 12th-best in his career.

Woooaaahh hoss... Tillman comes into the game having allowed 11 runs and 27 baserunners in 14 innings. He pitches 6+ with 3 walks and 3 Ks and suddenly he's penciled in as one of four solid starters? It's a positive sign, but this is the same Tillman with 5+ ERAs in three of four previous seasons and a 5.23 in four outings thusfar in '13.

His game score yesterday was 62. That would have ranked fourth among his 2011 starts.

Dammit, Drungo. Drink some Kool-Aid that wildcard loves to sip on, will ya?

Very encouraging performance by Tillman. He and Arrieta had been the red-haired stepchildren of the rotation and we needed at least one of them to step up. Tillman did it, and I think with the way these guys are wired, it could translate into future success for Chris. He needs to keep hammering that strikezone and whiff people with his curve. if he gets hit, get hit, but don't give them free passes. If only Jake could make that happen for him on the mound.

His game score yesterday was 62. That would have ranked fourth among his 2011 starts, and 12th-best in his career.

What we saw from Tillman last night is the same thing we saw from him for three months last year. He has had to make some adjustments to get there but as he says he and Adair have work together to get him where he needs to be. The proof will be in the next few starts to see if he can maintain his mechanics but he reached the level he needs to be at last night.

I think we have to look at last night as reaching the level he had at last year.

CHRIS TILLMAN O (vs. ATHLETICS, 4/27)

IP:. 6

H:o 7

R:O 2

BB: 2

SO: 7

Pitches: 103 (63 Strikes, 40 Balls)

2013 ERA: 4.72

PITCHES BY INNINGS

16 (11 Strikes)

21 (12 Strikes)

29 (16 Strikes)

11 (81 Strikes)

11 (61 Strikes)

15 (10 Strikes)

Tillman showed me something yesterday. I really thought he was going to implode the in the 2nd and 3rd innings, but he minimized the damage and labored his way to a quality start. I had to leave after the 3rd inning, but from what I saw he didn't really have his top velocity and his curve ball wasn't biting. To get through 6 IP allowing only 2 runs on a day like that is impressive.

Tillman showed me something yesterday. I really thought he was going to implode the in the 2nd and 3rd innings, but he minimized the damage and labored his way to a quality start. I had to leave after the 3rd inning, but from what I saw he didn't really have his top velocity and his curve ball wasn't biting. To get through 6 IP allowing only 2 runs on a day like that is impressive.

And only two walks, despite his secondary pitches not coming around until later in the game.

Good post. I think that we were all scared in the 2nd inning yesterday when the Athletics had runners on first and second, no outs, and 1 run already in.

And then,

Chris Young struck out swinging.

Eric Sogard struck out swinging.

Coco Crisp grounded out to second.

Good post. I think that we were all scared in the 2nd inning yesterday when the Athletics had runners on first and second, no outs, and 1 run already in.

And then,

Chris Young struck out swinging.

Eric Sogard struck out swinging.

Coco Crisp grounded out to second.

Being a strike out pitcher has it's advantages.

Archived