Intentional Talk

jcook02

I don't know anything about Delmonico. I am not totally against trading Schoop.

But with a broken back isn't he out indefinitely? I have no idea about broken

backs but sounds horrible to me. Seems to me he would be out a long time.

It's a stress fracture, and apparently it will only keep him out 6-8 weeks. However, that's long enough that nobody is going to give us good value for him at the deadline.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garza has the bulldog mentality we need from our #1. He's pitched in the AL East in big games and would be perfect for our staff. They can use some of his fire. If you needed a starter to pitch for you in a 1 game playoff with the Yankees against Sabathia he's your guy. If Buck asked any of our starters who wants to make this start and Garza is in the conversation he'd probably say.........give me the f...ing ball. I hate the MFY's. Do it DD. The fans at OP would be lining up to buy O's T- shirts with Garza on the back. If we have to take Soriano with the Cubs eating a lot of his salary I'd still make the deal. Soriano still has good speed to go with his extra base hits.

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/cubs_rumors_chicago_likely_to_sell/13770218

• 1 year later...

I didn't want to make a new thread.

Davis was just on and it was pretty amusing.

Best part was when they asked Davis who in the clubhouse thinks they can take him. He says Schoop and Rose goes "Isn't he a little guy?". Davis immediately disagrees with that assessment and Millar, on cue, compares Schoop to a middle linebacker playing second.

Archived