Why even get a lefty up?

LookitsPuck

....if you're not going to use him?

Adam Dunn has made our pitching look silly this entire series. Buck screwed the pooch with Hammel and Dunn in Game 1, and did it again with Tommy Hunter in Game 3. Matusz had been warming up. Just don't understand it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got no problem leaving Hunter in. It's not just Dunn. There are other hitters and I have more faith in Hunter getting through another inning than Matusz. Bad pitch. Dunn has been hot. I know he threw a 3-2 breaking pitch, but you gotta make it better than that.

Rios squared up one in the 8th and the at bat before was a long one. Dunn was the key batter that inning. Sorry Keppinger and Wells don't scare me.

Got no problem leaving Hunter in. It's not just Dunn. There are other hitters and I have more faith in Hunter getting through another inning than Matusz. Bad pitch. Dunn has been hot. I know he threw a 3-2 breaking pitch, but you gotta make it better than that.

Thanks to the missed strike call on the up and in fastball.

This says it all:

Adam Dunn

Versus righties: 218/314/512 - 826 OPS

Versus lefties: 138/269/323 - 592 OPS

Archived