Boras: Wieters may Test Free Agency

Rene88

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was Boras really a necessary choice? Boras and his clients are defined by greed.

This is such BS. You have no idea what you're talking about, but as we've seen before, it won't stop you from acting like you do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any player trying to make as much money as he can. You think that these teams show loyalty to players? If another team offers more money, and a guy is so inclined, he should go play for that team. Otherwise, it's no different than before FA and the team owns a player for his career.

This is such BS. You have no idea what you're talking about, but as we've seen before, it won't stop you from acting like you do. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any player trying to make as much money as he can. You think that these teams show loyalty to players? If another team offers more money, and a guy is so inclined, he should go play for that team. Otherwise, it's no different than before FA and the team owns a player for his career.

Well let him and Boras go make max money somewhere else. Cuz he ain't worth it.

Was Boras really a necessary choice? Boras and his clients are defined by greed.

Wouldn't you want an agent to get you the most money? If you say no, then you're in the vast minority about that.

Do some guys take less money to stay somewhere they like....sure. But usually not a lot less.

I don't think Boras has always done what's best for his clients and in that sense greed sometimes hurts. If Wieter's thinks Boras is the best agent to represent him, then that's his choice. They have every right to try and get what they want and we have every right to say no.

Like it or not, this is a business.

Wouldn't you want an agent to get you the most money? If you say no, then you're in the vast minority about that.

Do some guys take less money to stay somewhere they like....sure. But usually not a lot less.

I don't think Boras has always done what's best for his clients and in that sense greed sometimes hurts. If Wieter's thinks Boras is the best agent to represent him, then that's his choice. They have every right to try and get what they want and we have every right to say no.

Like it or not, this is a business.

I would have a hard time being in the clubhouse making 5.5 million a year and basically playing as well as AAA replacement. Then my reward for that is a MASSIVE FA contract courtesy of Scott Boras? I couldn't walk into the locker room like that.

i think Wieters, Davis and Manny need look at Jones and his contract extension for an example of what you can do. Jones easily could have gotten $100m from someone, but decided he was more comfortable playing in Baltimore. Jones didnt break the bank but he still got $80M plus.

I also have a hard time understanding, how so many people can judge one person so differently.

We have the one side, he is an outstanding defensive catcher with strong arm.

Then you have the side, he sucks @ defensive and can't wait for him to be gone.

Sometimes people are not taking a side. They are trying to disrupt intelligent conversation on a message board.

i think Wieters, Davis and Manny need look at Jones and his contract extension for an example of what you can do. Jones easily could have gotten $100m from someone, but decided he was more comfortable playing in Baltimore. Jones didnt break the bank but he still got $80M plus.

Exactly he made a ton of money which he earned because he is a good player. He could have gotten more, but he didn't consume all the resources. He didn't put extra pressure on himself with a massive contract.

I would have a hard time being in the clubhouse making 5.5 million a year and basically playing as well as AAA replacement. Then my reward for that is a MASSIVE FA contract courtesy of Scott Boras? I couldn't walk into the locker room like that.

Well, if you want to peak over to the Wieter's defense thread, you'll see that his replacement level production has a few caveats and fWAR has him at 1.4 WAR with a 7.6 mil value this year.

I'm not thrilled about Wieters season and I don't see us signing him to an extension being a good idea (for a variety of reasons). That said, I've seen enough of your posts to know that you're pretty knowledgeable and better than some of the rhetoric that you choose to engage in.

Jones wasn't a free agent and probably got a pretty fair contract in relation to his situation and service time. If anything, most people probably thought it was a bit of an overpay for us at the time.

Well, if you want to peak over to the Wieter's defense thread, you'll see that his replacement level production has a few caveats and fWAR has him at 1.4 WAR with a 7.6 mil value this year.

I'm not thrilled about Wieters season and I don't see us signing him to an extension being a good idea (for a variety of reasons). That said, I've seen enough of your posts to know that you're pretty knowledgeable and better than some of the rhetoric that you choose to engage in.

I'm not a fan of Wieters. Nothing personal. I just think he's grossly overvalued and overpaid. He'll be getting a raise next year and a potential huge one in 2016. He's just that guy who sucks up resources.

Archived