Think A-Rod regrets leaving Seattle?

Winning_Season

If you believe A-Rod (hard to do at this point I know) he started taking PED's in an attempt to live up to his record breaking contract with Texas. So it seems like A-Rod's cheating has a lot to do with attempting to deal with pressure and high expectations which were only increased when he went to the Yankees.

So do you think any part of him right now is wishing he signed a big, but not record breaking, contract with Seattle. First of all imagine how good the 2001 Mariners (who won 116 games without him) would have been. He probably would have won one or more World Series, become beloved in Seattle, become undoubtedly the best SS of all time. But maybe never become as much of a superstar as Derek Jeter, and not hit quite as many home runs.

With his ego not signing the mega-contract probably never would have happened. But I think a little part of him is thinking how much better his life would be right now.

ARod is like a Greek Tragedy. Hubris bringing him falling to earth once his freaking wings melted.

And Jose Canseco who is from Miami and was huge when ARod was coming up in high school hints that ARod was doping at that time.

I think he is and has been just a big AFraud.

I think that the worst thing that Rodriguez did was to leave the Mariners in the first place.

I've said on numerous occasions why that was the case, including in another thread yesterday.

However, I don't think that he regrets it, because I believe that he really is arrogant, stupid, and vain enough not to see it.

When Rodriguez left the Mariners as a free agent following the 2000 season, I think that it was the worst decision that he made, and all of his troubles started and snowballed on him ever since. He decided to leave a first-place team of which he was well-liked by his teammates and the fans for a last-place team (the Rangers) because they topped all offers of the several contending teams that were also courting him at the time. With the exception of the 2009 World Series ring that he won with the Yankees, it's been one disaster after another for him since, including the Rangers finishing in last place all 3 years that he was with them and then immediately vaulting into contention after he left, finishing 2 games out of first place, the Mariners immediately having one of the best regular seasons ever without him (they went 116-46 and made it to the A.L.C.S. right after he departed), his "I got it" stunt in Toronto, his hamburger helper slap at Bronson Arroyo's mitt in the 2004 A.L.C.S., his testing positive for steroids which forced him to admit his streroid use while he was playing for the Rangers, his ill-advised comments during the 2007 World Series that he was "underpaid and under-appreciated" by the Yankees because he was making "only" $ 25 Million, etc.

It's all about to completely fall apart at the seams on him, but it's not solely because of the latest disaster that is surrounding him. What's happening now is simply the straw that broke the camel's back, of which it all started with his fateful decision to leave the Mariners and sign with the Rangers following the 2000 season.

The way his career is ending, I have no doubt that ARod regrets using steroids. Like Bonds, he would have been a HOFer without them, but now they both have ruined their legacies. That said, I don't think he regrets leaving Seattle.

I think he has $300 million reasons not to regret leaving. No matter the outcome of all of this, he & his family will be taken care of for the rest of their lifetimes.

But the thing is if he resigned with the mariners for lets say half of what his Rangers contract was worth (probably would have gotten more from the M's) he and his family would still be taken care of for the rest of their lifetimes.

But the thing is if he resigned with the mariners for lets say half of what his Rangers contract was worth (probably would have gotten more from the M's) he and his family would still be taken care of for the rest of their lifetimes.

A-Rod had no intention of staying in Seattle. He is a punk and wanted to be with the MFY from the beginning.

The pitstop in Texas was nothing more, than collect a ton of $$$$$, waiting on the MFY to sign him.

Archived