Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I liked Reynolds BUT really is he any better then Pearce DOUBTFUL IMHO

Probably not. But with as streaky as he is a hitter, what is the harm in picking him up for depth for the rest of the year. So you send down Casilla or Urrutia for 20 days until September 1st, what does it matter?

I would pick up Reynolds and give him some ABs in September and if he gets hot, keep him in the line-up. If he doesnt, keep him on the bench.

There's some truth to this. I think the debate around Reynolds stems from the idea that he is better than his current level of production. He may thrive in a limited role with this os team. I agree with your main premise though. Not a cast off, but there's still harping about us not signing cespeses, but his production currently matches wieters pretty well.

Can you image the threads, if Reynolds was on this team this year, hitting sub-.200 like he has been. They would some serious venom spouting off.

Probably not. But with as streaky as he is a hitter, what is the harm in picking him up for depth for the rest of the year. So you send down Casilla or Urrutia for 20 days until September 1st, what does it matter?

I would pick up Reynolds and give him some ABs in September and if he gets hot, keep him in the line-up. If he doesnt, keep him on the bench.

I won't argue if the price is right isn't he owed like 1.75 mil? Theres no doubt the guy can get hot and cold we saw it last year Maybe he's a September kind of guy LOL

As I mentioned in the other thread, I wonder if the ability to wipe the slate clean on his season stats would help him reset and get back to his career level of production at all.
And what better way to reset than to go up against Boston and New York who he has hit well in the past!

With Cruz in detention for Biogenesis, Dunn will provide the power the Rangers need down the stretch.

They need an outfielder, hence, why this is probably right:

2:45pm: The Rangers are the team that claimed Rios, according to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News (on Twitter). Grant cautions that claiming Rios and actually striking a deal to acquire the 32-year-old are very different things.

Archived