Orioles RISP Tracking Thread

JTrea81

Since there isn't a good way to look up the Orioles' stats with RISP after the All-Star Break, this thread will keep a tally of how they are doing so we can see if there is a problem or not.

I'll fill in the blanks to start and then will post updates daily as the games are played so we can see the results.

at Texas Rangers (July 19-21)

Game 1: 0-4

Game 2: 7-13

Game 3: 5-14

at Kansas City Royals (July 22-25)

Game 1: 5-19

Game 2: 0-5

Game 3: 0-6

Game 4: 1-6

vs. Boston Red Sox (July 26-28)

Game 1: 2-6

Game 2: 1-10

vs. Houston Astros (July 30-Aug 1)

Game 1: 1-2

Game 2: 0-2

Game 3: 4-6

vs. Seattle Mariners (August 2-4)

Game 1: 4-8

Game 2: 1-3

Game 3: 0-11

at San Diego Padres (August 6-7)

Game 1: 3-10

Game 2: 5-15

at San Francisco Giants (August 9-11)

Game 1: 3-8

Game 2: 0-8

Game 3: 6-11

at Arizona Diamondbacks (August 12-14)

Game 1: 2-8

Game 2: 1-2

Game 3: 2-11

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since there isn't a good way to look up the Orioles' stats with RISP after the All-Star Break, this thread will keep a tally of how they are doing so we can see if there is a problem or not.

I'll fill in the blanks to start and then will post updates daily as the games are played so we can see the results.

at Texas Rangers (July 19-21)

Game 1: 0-4

Game 2: 7-13

Game 3: 5-14

at Kansas City Royals (July 22-25)

Game 1: 5-19

Game 2: 0-5

Game 4: 1-6

vs. Boston Red Sox (July 26-28)

Game 1: 2-6

Game 2: 1-10

vs. Houston Astros (July 30-Aug 1)

Game 1: 1-2

Game 2: 0-2

Game 3: 4-6

vs. Seattle Mariners (August 2-4)

Game 1: 4-8

Game 2: 1-3

Game 3: 0-11

at San Diego Padres (August 6-7)

Game 1: 3-10

Game 2: 5-15

at San Francisco Giants (August 9-11)

Game 1: 3-8

Game 2: 0-8

Game 3: 6-11

at Arizona Diamondbacks (August 12-14)

Game 1: 2-8

Game 2: 1-2

Game 3: 2-11

I think it would be helpful to also track the amount of runs scored with RISP, as well as the final score in each of those games, so as to get a feel for the net effect of our BAw/RISP.

Avg in winning series after the break (11 games) - .366

Avg in losing series after the break (13 games) - .188

Feast or famine. They're either really good, or really bad (you can tell by looking at the individual games as well). But they've been really bad more often than not.

Also, in 11 of 24 games since the break, the O's have had an average of .181 or below with RISP. They are 1-10 in those games (the only win being the 1st game @Texas). Goes to show that the offense really does disappear in clutch situations most of the time... And it's also a good reason why we can't go on a long win streak. You can't go on a 7/8 game win streak when in about half of those games you can't get a clutch hit to save your life.

Ohhh... fun. An easy way to see how long it takes for the Orioles' batting numbers in randomly selected situations to naturally converge with their overall numbers. I suggest we also track their performance in the 4th inning. And another wacky thread on how they do when there are runners only on 2nd. And maybe on on how their outfielders do on Thursdays.

Ohhh... fun. An easy way to see how long it takes for the Orioles' batting numbers in randomly selected situations to naturally converge with their overall numbers. I suggest we also track their performance in the 4th inning. And another wacky thread on how they do when there are runners only on 2nd. And maybe on on how their outfielders do on Thursdays.

Too many off days on Thursdays, we should go with Saturdays for a more comprehensive sample size.

Too many off days on Thursdays, we should go with Saturdays for a more comprehensive sample size.

Sample size only matters if you're trying to form conclusions from the data and encourage the team to take actions based on those conclusions.

We're just goofing around, kind of having a fun thread on statistics 101, right? Nobody really thinks a month or two of RISP data means anything at all do they? This is 2013, right? When the OP said "to see if this is a problem or not" I kind of equated that to walking down the street and if the next crosswalk sign said "don't walk" then that's a problem.

This guy pretty much has spot on accuracy with his posts.

Tue APR 2- Team RISP: 3-for-13 (.231) W

Wed APR 3- Team RISP: 4-for-11 (.364) L

Thu APR 4- Team RISP: 1-for-10 (.100) W

My results are preliminary of course but there appears to be a strong correlation between winning and having a lower BA with RISP.

In other news, grass green, sky blue, fire hot, water wet, space far away.

Avg in winning series after the break (11 games) - .366

Avg in losing series after the break (13 games) - .188

Feast or famine. They're either really good, or really bad (you can tell by looking at the individual games as well). But they've been really bad more often than not.

Be careful with using this phrase. It upsets some people here.

Even when evidence is presented, they'll still say you're wrong if it goes against the narrative.

Best example: Roy Firestone recently posted that we needed at least two more pitchers.

I've said that for the majority of this season and yet it was condemned as fanciful. However, we DO need two more pitchers. LOL

MSK

Be careful with using this phrase. It upsets some people here.

Even when evidence is presented, they'll still say you're wrong if it goes against the narrative.

Best example: Roy Firestone recently posted that we needed at least two more pitchers.

I've said that for the majority of this season and yet it was condemned as fanciful. However, we DO need two more pitchers. LOL

MSK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! pot-kettle-black.jpg

Archived