Price tag for Santana & Jimenez has come down to 14.1 -14.6 $mill per season for 3/4 year deals

xian4

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we can forget about Santana. Looks like three or four teams are involved in talks with him:

Dierkes Tweet - Santana Being Pursued by Three or Four Teams

"Every pitcher that we are involved in, that we're trying to recruit to come to Baltimore, there's four or five teams on each of these pitchers, and that tells you there just aren't quite enough quality skilled pitchers to go around the big leagues." - Dan Duquette

"Every pitcher that we are involved in, that we're trying to recruit to come to Baltimore, there's four or five teams on each of these pitchers, and that tells you there just aren't quite enough quality skilled pitchers to go around the big leagues." - Dan Duquette

news flash dd- you will have to outbid other teams. open the damn checkbook. :angryfire:

News flash Dan spent in Boston. This one is on

orioles_funny.jpg

I doubt he had to outbid other teams for FAs to come to Boston. Different city calls for a different approach. This offseason sucks bc PA is standing on the way. He will forever curse this team like Al Davis of the Raiders.

I doubt he had to outbid other teams for FAs to come to Boston. Different city calls for a different approach. This offseason sucks bc PA is standing on the way. He will forever curse this team like Al Davis of the Raiders.

If Peter Angelos had a quarter of the success of Al Davis we would all be VERY happy Orioles fans!

Allen "Al" Davis (July 4, 1929 – October 8, 2011) was an American football executive. He was the principal owner and general manager of the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL) from 1972 to 2011. Under Davis' management, the Raiders became one of the most successful teams in professional sports. His motto for the team was "Just win, baby."[1] Davis was active in civil rights, refusing to allow the Raiders to play in any city where black and white players had to stay in separate hotels. He was the first NFL owner to hire an African American head coach and a female chief executive. He was also the second NFL owner to hire a Latino head coach. He remains the only executive in NFL history to be an assistant coach, head coach, general manager, commissioner and owner.
Career highlights

Awards AFL's Coach of the Year in 1963

Honors Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1992

Head coaching record

Career record 23–16–3 (as coach)

Super Bowl wins 1976 Super Bowl XI

1980 Super Bowl XV

1983 Super Bowl XVIII

Championships won 1967 AFL Championship

1976 AFC Championship

1980 AFC Championship

1983 AFC Championship

2002 AFC Championship

Source... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Davis

You beat me to it, and you are spot on! :)

I was a Raiders fan growing up, all the way until the Ravens were born in 96. I am all too familiar with Al Davis and the Silver and Black attack. As a matter of fact, as a kid, 1983 was a very special year, as both my Orioles and my Raiders were World Champs. Of course, both storied franchises have yet to repeat in the 31 years since then. :(

I was a Raiders fan growing up, all the way until the Ravens were born in 96. I am all too familiar with Al Davis and the Silver and Black attack. As a matter of fact, as a kid, 1983 was a very special year, as both my Orioles and my Raiders were World Champs. Of course, both storied franchises have yet to repeat in the 31 years since then. :(

My grandfather is from the West Coast and hated Al Davis, he was a season ticket holder that loved the Raiders and hated Davis, never once had a kind word to say about the man.

Even years later, my grandfather would work himself into a frenzy, when somebody mentioned the Steelers and the "Immaculate Reception" and how stupid the NFL was, for getting that call wrong, and how robbed they were.

Archived