Price tag for Santana & Jimenez has come down to 14.1 -14.6 $mill per season for 3/4 year deals

xian4

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"We'll see if those situations come back available. If not, we feel good about this club, we feel good about our core. We've got some guys that are deserving of opportunities and if they can't capitalize on those, then we begin to look elsewhere."

I don't understand the unattributed quotes...both in terms of why there's no attribution, and why it's relevant. IIRC, the above came from DD...but what point is being made by bringing it up now?

EDIT: I stand corrected. I've never cared much for riddles. That partially explains why.

I'm hoping the Orioles just say "no" to Santana and Jimenez. The price in money and years is still too high and the pick is too important to lose. Use the money to lock up Davis and Wieters.

I don't think they lock up either, so I say get Santana and Morales in here.

FWIW:

I tweeted Santana's agent, Jay Alou, and asked him if there was a chance of Ervin pitching for the Orioles. Here was his reply:

(https://twitter.com/JAloujr/status/433957572597800961)

Santana's agent (or one of them anyway) is Bean Stringfellow.

Some interesting comments in there about Santana, and they seem more than willing to wait out teams.

What was Garza's ERA+ in the AL? 5.00+

Note the huge difference between AL and NL pitchers in ERA+. I'm not sold that any of these five would improve the orioles staff substantially.

ERA + for the 2013 season.

127 Ervin Santana

114 Ubaldo Jiminez

107 A.J. Burnett

106 Matt Garza

101 Bronson Arroyo

Note: garza allowed 51 ERs in 84.1 IPs for an ERA of 5.65

"the price has already fallen significantly!?" $60 MM for either of those two is effing outrageous.

Same old cheap Orioles-the price has already fallen signficantly but we are still waiting for cheaper..amazing...that has worked so well for you all offseason, just stick with it I guess.

Archived