Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This deal scares the bejesus out of me.

This. He was terrible in Cleveland until the second half of last year (where he was phenomenal). I don't feel good about this. Giving up a draft pick for him plus four years seems like a bad idea to me.

Well, fine. I think I'm finally in the camp that is so depressed with our decision-making track record that I'll take any kind of change at this point.

If you keep low standards you're rarely disappointed! I'm on board...I'm ready to love this team again and start kicking some ass.

Jimenez and Morales would certainly turn this offseason around. Though for some reason I still think they end up with Nelson Cruz. Id rather have Morales if its like a 3/30 deal. Morales hitting behind Davis would be very nice.

If they sign Jimenez to this deal, that puts us at what, 90 - 95ish M probably (depening on the distribution of the money per season). Does that leave room for Morales?

I remember the Rockshow trading him because he became a head case over the Tulo deal. He was a top 5-10 pitcher before going to Cleveland. Hopefully it was just him taking a year and a half to finally get over not getting paid in Colorado.

Personally, I like it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding Baltimore, hearing still good chance Tyler Colvin ends up with Orioles after deal was nixed. Hope it works out for him</p>— Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="

">February 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Most would deem that a successful offseason as well. That would be a pretty powerful lineup. But that would also put the O's at about $107 million.

Well, if they give Jimenez a 4 year dea that will put the myth the O's won't go over 3 years on a SP. Maybe the 100m cap is just a myth as well? And I think 107m for this team is very reasonable and very do-able. And imo would and could still leave them room at the trade deadpine to take on another 3-6m.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Regarding Baltimore, hearing still good chance Tyler Colvin ends up with Orioles after deal was nixed. Hope it works out for him</p>? Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="
">February 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now that is interesting. Hopefully repair some of the damage Balfour did.

Archived