vs. RED SOX, 3/31 (Opening Day)

OFFNY

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Yeah. He's still taking decent ABs and getting walks and sprinkling in hits here and there, so overall the comedown hasn't been too harsh. Just want him to keep making hard contact.  He's also gotten hosed on a few strike 3 calls, like everyone else this season. 
    • Gunnar is one pace for a 12 bWAR season and 92 extra base hits currently. I don't think Gunnar sustains this pace, but he's looking like an MVP candidate even if he cools off a bit.
    • The downside of an otherworldly start is the inevitable regression to the mean and the hope is it doesn't come crashing down all at once. Everyone knew Cowser wasn't going to keep up what he was doing and pitchers have been throwing him a lot of breaking balls now. He'll have to make the adjustment and we'll have to live with the inconsistency until he shows he can. 
    • I have some confidence in Webb and Perez. None in Baumann and Ramirez. 
    • No real interest for me in either Pillar or Hicks due to the extremely minimal impact that either is likely to make as the 26th man on the roster.  Hays is getting ready to come back. So there will be no need use for any except for the possibility to take ABs/playing time away from a young player who needs the experience/reps.
    • It's also a bit different having very few guys with options so if you lean hard on a guy, and he has options you can send him down for a fresh arm for a bit. The shuttle bus is much smaller this year and we have a bunch of guys who would be claimed if they were DFA'd. (Not Ramirez).
    • Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce John Eisenberg who is releasing a bunch of his interviews that he did when he was interviewing former players, managers and executives for his book about Orioles history. John reached out and asked how he can get these to Orioles fans and i suggested he join up and post them here. While I know everyone is excited and talking about the Orioles now, this a great opportunity to learn more about the past and ask John any questions that he may have. Welcome to the board John and thanks for sharing your tapes and accounts here at the Hangout.
  • Popular Contributors