Tommy Hunter Today 2014

Il BuonO

Admittedly, Tommy was shaky in getting the save today.

That said ........

Tommy essentially had to get 4 outs that inning.

Holt should have been rung up on the 2-2- pitch, before he hit the infield single.

When Pedroia hit the double, there should have been 2 outs, nobody on base, and Tommy NOT pitching from the stretch.

We can't cry every time Tommy doesn't get a call. He needs to be a man, and ignore it. The strike zone was tight all day from what I read in the game thread.

He's not making it easy on the old ticker.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We can't cry every time Tommy doesn't get a call. He needs to be a man, and ignore it. The strike zone was tight all day from what I read in the game thread.

We're going to have our share of heartbreaks with Tommy as the closer.

Admittedly, Tommy was shaky in getting the save today.

That said ........

Tommy essentially had to get 4 outs that inning.

Holt should have been rung up on the 2-2- pitch, before he hit the infield single.

When Pedroia hit the double, there should have been 2 outs, nobody on base, and Tommy NOT pitching from the stretch.

He DID ignore it.

He got the 3rd (4th) out before allowing the tying run.

I know that we have to overcome bad calls.

I stated that Tommy was admittedly shaky.

Pointing out a bad calls isn't "crying."

He DID ignore it.

He got the 3rd (4th) out before allowing the tying run.

I know that we have to overcome bad calls.

I stated that Tommy was admittedly shaky.

Pointing out a bad calls isn't "crying."

Pitch f/x didn't think the call was too bad.

numlocation.php-pitchSel=488984&game=gid_2014_04_21_balmlb_bosmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=&league=mlb&cache=1.gif

I thought he looked great. Pedroia is in a zone with us right now.

That strike zone was pathetic today. It was about as small as Pedroia's shoe. Chen was visibly upset and it rattled him.

My getting up to get a beverage rattles Chen. And visibly upsets him. And I have no idea how he knows where I live.

The error changed everything. I thought that he did fine other than the double.

You mean the one that WASN'T scored an error. The replay showed a good throw would have had the runner by a good two to three steps. That's twice this season Hunter has been charged with an earned run when there was a questionable scoring call(the other being the ball that Davis had all the way in his glove that was scored a hit). A 1.50 ERA looks better than his current 4.50 if you care about that sort of thing.

He needs to keep the ball down though. The pitch to Pedroia was up and nearly hit out. I think you're right, other than that he looked good.

IP 1

H 2

R 1

BB 1 (intentional)

SO 0

2014 ERA 4.50

Save 5/6

I thought Tommy was fine today. He had the K on Holt but the RS seem to get their own zone and then Lombo made a mistake. Only real bad pitch was to Pedroia which should have been with two outs and if there's two outs, the approach he and Cleveinger had to him is totally different as is Pedroia's himself. Tommy's no Rivera or Hoffman but I think with time he can be an above average closer.

Archived