Orioles in 1st place

oldbird

It was pretty disgusting when the Indians kept hitting into double plays with 1st and 3rd one out and the bases loaded. Thankfully' date=' Santana finally connected on one. That and the Jays BP is worn out.[/quote']

In the process, the Indians set a new franchise record for consecutive wins in a season.

This is the Indians' 116th season of existence overall (1901-Present.)

1942 INDIANS: ))) 13 Straight Wins )))))) (75-79, 4th Place in the American League)

1951 INDIANS: ))) 13 Straight Wins )))))) (93-61, 2nd Place in the American League)

2016 INDIANS: ))) 14 Straight Wins )))))) ????????

American League

East W L PCT GB WCGB L10 STRK HOME ROAD LAST GAME NEXT GAME

Baltimore 47 33 .588 - - 7-3 L3 31-13 16-20 7/2 @ SEA, L 6-12 7/3 @ SEA, 4:10 PM

Boston 43 37 .538 4.0 - 4-6 L1 24-19 19-18 7/2 vs LAA, L 2-21 7/3 vs LAA, 1:35 PM

Toronto 44 39 .530 4.5 0.5 5-5 W1 20-19 24-20 7/2 vs CLE, W 9-6 7/3 vs CLE, 1:07 PM

NY Yankees 39 41 .488 8.0 4.0 5-5 L2 23-18 16-23 7/2 @ SD, L 1-2 7/3 @ SD, 4:40 PM

Tampa Bay 33 47 .413 14.0 10.0 2-8 L3 17-24 16-23 7/2 vs DET, L 2-3 7/3 vs DET, 1:10 PM

And with a day off today (thank goodness.)

They probably got back to Maryland at about 6 A.M. today after the 8-hour flight (5 hours on the jet, plus the 3-hour time zone difference) from California.

Good chance they are in first at the break.

Bullpen breakdown.

at this point, personally, I don't care, a loss is a loss.

During the 162 game season, there will be breakdowns, some offensive, some defense, some SP and some bullpen.

You just hope they don't have too many of any type.

I heard it said before the road trip, if they could make come back from the road trip with a .500 record, they would still be good in the AL East, they came close, but they are still in first.

Pretty unusual for one team to have played 4 more games at the ASB than the other. Orioles will have played 87 and the Jays 91 at the break. So this business about the Jays catching us by the break is really a bit of a red herring. They are 3 games back in the loss column as of tonight's games.

Maybe it's just me, but this 2016 team reminds me of ANOTHER anniversary team. There are similarities, but they aren't EXACT.

That team is the 1986 Orioles. They played pretty well, reaching a season-high 12 games over .500 on August 5, 1986 (my 20th birthday), then fell completely apart, mostly because of horrific pitching. As a matter of fact, the August 6th game, in my opinion, was the kickoff of the serious decline in Orioles' baseball. That was the game where they battled back by hitting 2 grand slams in the game, only to lose to Texas 13-11.

This year's team plays better defense than the 1986 team, but the pitching is what ultimately undid them. Their hitting also fell off quite a bit after that August 6th game.

I hope the results are different this year...but it's something that's stuck in my head recently watching this team.

Maybe it's just me, but this 2016 team reminds me of ANOTHER anniversary team. There are similarities, but they aren't EXACT.

That team is the 1986 Orioles. They played pretty well, reaching a season-high 12 games over .500 on August 5, 1986 (my 20th birthday), then fell completely apart, mostly because of horrific pitching. As a matter of fact, the August 6th game, in my opinion, was the kickoff of the serious decline in Orioles' baseball. That was the game where they battled back by hitting 2 grand slams in the game, only to lose to Texas 13-11.

This year's team plays better defense than the 1986 team, but the pitching is what ultimately undid them. Their hitting also fell off quite a bit after that August 6th game.

I hope the results are different this year...but it's something that's stuck in my head recently watching this team.

Getting tired of hearing how this is a good defensive team

No defensive metric bears that out

We are a below average defensive team with putrid OF defense.

The fly ball to the wall that Pujols hit last night was just another example of how terrible Trumbo is

He turns around and waits for the ball to hit the base of the wall

If he just goes 10 steps back he catches the ball on the front of the warning track

Getting tired of hearing how this is a good defensive team

No defensive metric bears that out

We are a below average defensive team with putrid OF defense.

The fly ball to the wall that Pujols hit last night was just another example of how terrible Trumbo is

He turns around and waits for the ball to hit the base of the wall

If he just goes 10 steps back he catches the ball on the front of the warning track

My eye tells me you're full of crap.