The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

Ugh all I can say is WTF. After 2012's dream season, the past 2 years this team just comes up small in in clutch situations time and time again. Obviously it's only 17 games into the season. We've had a tough schedule. Hardy and Machado have missed time. But they haven't learned anything at all from last year. It's like a continuation of 2013 so far which is beyond frustrating.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was an absolutely demoralizing loss when you consider the factors that went into it. The replay system has to be tweaked, there's no two ways around it, but even beyond that, the team is not the same defensively with Machado not at 3rd, and it's exacerbated when Hardy is not at short.

You lose two gold glovers standing next to each other and that tends to happen.

Jimenez should have been pulled at 100 pitches and left on a high note to build on. To me, that's the biggest issue in this game.

Buck should have challenged....

Schoop should not play 3b unless he has instructional league time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh all I can say is WTF. After 2012's dream season, the past 2 years this team just comes up small in in clutch situations time and time again. Obviously it's only 17 games into the season. We've had a tough schedule. Hardy and Machado have missed time. But they haven't learned anything at all from last year. It's like a continuation of 2013 so far which is beyond frustrating.

What does this even mean? What can you possibly learn from last year when multiple cogs in that machine are no longer here? And furthermore, what does 2012 have to do with this team two years later? 2012 was 2012, and last year was last year. If anything, so far they had won the close games and this was the first game in which the pen really coughed it up, which wasn't entirely their fault, but on them nonetheless.

This team is just not going to be what we want them to be. That is as bad and stupid a loss as we will see, but it won't be the first. We saw 15 losses last year that no team should ever lose and this team seldom wins games from behind. I am not going through this again this year. I am going to follow results about once a week for the next two months and then see.

I just don't believe in this team. If there is an opportunity to lose, they will lose. Complete collapse by the team was the problem tonight, everything just kept snowballing. I see us losing tomorrow and the Toronto series is going to be really tough.

What does this even mean? What can you possibly learn from last year when multiple cogs in that machine are no longer here? And furthermore, what does 2012 have to do with this team two years later? 2012 was 2012, and last year was last year. If anything, so far they had won the close games and this was the first game in which the pen really coughed it up, which wasn't entirely their fault, but on them nonetheless.

It pretty much means that this looks like a continuation of last year except this team is better than that team. They just give games away and constantly find new ways to lose games. I may get angry in game threads, but I think this team can win the division. They need to stop beating themselves on a nightly basis though and for Christs sake, get a clutch hit late in a close game.

I just don't believe in this team. If there is an opportunity to lose, they will lose. Complete collapse by the team was the problem tonight, everything just kept snowballing. I see us losing tomorrow and the Toronto series is going to be really tough.

I don't feel link there is a single player I can trust to get his job done currently. No one seems to be playing good, all around baseball. Pitching, hitting, defensively. Everyone seems to have at least one glaring weakness currently. I know everyone can't be great but everyone on this team needs to step up. They shouldn't be scared of playing under the bright lights anymore. They aren't the major underdog anymore. Act like it. Win games you should win.

By the way, can I just say that when Lombardozzi and Lough are hitting behind you, grounding out weakly to the right side to move a runner to third is not a "professional at-bat." Wieters is not a "gamer" for moving up Jones so that Lombardozzi could hit the ball three feet and Lough could wave at three pitches.

Oh, and if Hardy is going to be unavailable for even a few days, DL HIM. He's not hitting anyway, and you're just painting yourself into a corner where you have no extra infielders and Lombardozzi and Flaherty get to be overmatched in key at-bats late in the game. See that big green thing in left field? That's a short porch. You may remember it from Gomes hitting the 2014's second shortest home run so far. See those bulky righties on your bench? They hit the ball in the air, usually in the direction of that green thing. Lombardozzi batting instead of Pearce or Young was terrible and was the direct result of horrible roster construction.

8-9 playing without Manny. I can think of 3 games that if Manny and Hardy play we win. Just play .500 till we get Manny back and i'm happy.

Archived