The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

This team is unbelievable.

Just a few days ago, they are on pace to finish with a worse winning percentage than the 1916 Athletics (.235), the 1935 Braves (.248), and the 1962 Mets (.250).

Now they're on fire, only one game out of first place, and looking to blow right past the Blue Jays.

If you had told me that they would have turned things around this much in such a short time, I would have told you that you were crazy.

I don't get your thinking at all. I am sure the Orioles have stretches in every season they have ever played that they had 7 game streches of 2-5. There are 162 games why would you overreact to the first 7 games? It doesn't make sense to me. In the glory days of the 70's they always started slow.

You had faith in the team before the season why would your faith stop in a small amount of games. Had something changed? Did we lose a bunch of players ot injury? Please explain this mass panic that happens on here when the team loses a few games?

Malike, can you give me a hand here, please ???

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team is unbelievable.

Just a few days ago, they are on pace to finish with a worse winning percentage than the 1916 Athletics (.235), the 1935 Braves (.248), and the 1962 Mets (.250).

Now they're on fire, only one game out of first place, and looking to blow right past the Blue Jays.

If you had told me that they would have turned things around this much in such a short time, I would have told you that you were crazy.

Brother, we are Orioles fans and this is the Hangout. That alone should tell ya that we got the CRAZY part coverd.:rofl: :2yay-thumb:

I don't get your thinking at all. I am sure the Orioles have stretches in every season they have ever played that they had 7 game streches of 2-5. There are 162 games why would you overreact to the first 7 games? It doesn't make sense to me. In the glory days of the 70's they always started slow.

You had faith in the team before the season why would your faith stop in a small amount of games. Had something changed? Did we lose a bunch of players ot injury? Please explain this mass panic that happens on here when the team loses a few games?

He's joking.

You guys overrate Manny so much. He didn't have a great second half of the season last year. Who is to say that wouldn't continue if he were playing.

Let's try this:

Each team gets 27 outs in a baseball game. There are two ways to provide value as a player: take outs away from the other team and not make outs yourself.

Manny was proficient in 2013 at taking outs away from the other team. Do you understand the value of that? Here's an example: if you watched the 1st inning of Tuesday's game, you would have seen where Jeter whiffed on a double play ball that Hardy gets 10 times out of 10. Mind you, no error was committed--it was simply poor range. Instead of the bases being clear with two outs, the O's had runners at the corners with 0 outs. The Orioles proceeded to score both of those baserunners as well as a third on an Adam Jones home run.

By being a good defender, you can limit single runs, but you can also limit big innings. I'm not trying to say that defense is the end-all-be-all of baseball. In fact, it is only half of the equation--a half of the equation that you clearly do not understand if you feel that Manny Machado is overrated.

Great, now I'm worried, Weams! Thanks a lot. :)

But seriously, to me a catastrophic injury would be Chris Tillman going out with a torn rotator cuff. Or maybe Davis going down with some bizarre injury for the season.

Manny will be back soon. Hardy will be back soon.

When everyone is healthy, this team could be very, very good... as you know already.

Will Britton get 30 wins this season?

I think so.

He's 2-0 after only 11 games.

He's currently on pace to win 29, but I think that he will turn up sometime during the season.

Denny McLain, Dizzy Dean, you guys will be having some company soon.

o

Looks like a rebuilding year for the defending world champion Red Sox.

D-RAYS...........o7-5

BLUE JAYS... 6-6

YANKEES ......O 6-6

ORIOLES ......0 5-6

RED SOX OOo.. 5-7

Looks like the Orioles will be joining the Red Sox in the rebuilding mode category for 2014.

5-7 now, as they have joined the Bostononians at the bottom of the A.L. East barrel.

Rays lose; Jays win. No matter what happens' date=' as bad as we have been, we are no worse than 2 games out of first place.[/quote']

We're a game-and-a-half out of first place, and we blew a chance to stay right on the heels of the division leaders with yesterday's loss to the Blue Jays ....... ON OUR HOME FIELD, no less.

Nerve-racking pennant races drive me crazy sometimes.

Archived