The Reactionary Thread

Rene88

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with baseball is, it punishes reactionaries. I'm pretty sure that's going to happen this year if anyone is seriously worried about opening a season 1-4.

Baseball is a game of energy, with ebbs and flows. I have no doubt we'll get it dialed in very soon.

I'm not worried and won't worry unless we fall more than 5 games behind and/or we have a catastrophic injury.

We do have a catastrophic injury. Manny is still not a baseball player.

I wouldn't discount the media constantly reminding us how great of an offense we have. I really hate when we're the favorite for anything... I much prefer to be overlooked and under the radar.

It may just be local media thinking this?

I listened to Friday's game on XM radio, which had Detroit's announcers. Really got the feeling they still consider the Orioles a joke. They made fun our hitters saying "well what do you expect, you can't hit if you leave the bat on your shoulder." Then they laughed at a bad call against the O's. It really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think I ever hear Orioles announcers being cynical towards other teams' players.

Though in the end, I guess they can say what they want, Detroit has maybe the top rotation in the game and maybe the best hitter in the game en route to 4-0. The Orioles are still trying to figure themselves out.

o

D-RAYS........)...o4-2

BLUE JAYS... 3-3

YANKEES ......O 2-3

RED SOX OOO.. 2-3

ORIOLES .......0 1-4

The Red Sox and the Yankees are each on pace to go 65-97.

The Orioles are on pace to lose more games than the 1962 Mets.

The D-Rays are the only team in the division that is on pace for a winning season.

This is what happens when you play the best two teams in the A.L. and pitch poorly.

I know some are focused on the (lack of) hitting, but to me, we are seeing just how much better Boston's and Detroit's pitching is then Baltimore's.

I still think this team will hit enough to win. But will they be able to pitch well enough to win? Not so far...

Agreed 100% -

The way we're playing currently reflects just how difficult our schedule is. I just analyzed it again and it's ridiculous. Thanks MLB, we will forever be your orange haired step sons.

It may just be local media thinking this?

I listened to Friday's game on XM radio, which had Detroit's announcers. Really got the feeling they still consider the Orioles a joke. They made fun our hitters saying "well what do you expect, you can't hit if you leave the bat on your shoulder." Then they laughed at a bad call against the O's. It really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think I ever hear Orioles announcers being cynical towards other teams' players.

Though in the end, I guess they can say what they want, Detroit has maybe the top rotation in the game and maybe the best hitter in the game en route to 4-0. The Orioles are still trying to figure themselves out.

The TV crew for Detroit were remarking about how good our offense is and how much better it will be when Machado returns.

o

D-RAYS...........o4-2

BLUE JAYS... 3-3

YANKEES ......O 2-3

RED SOX OOOO 2-3

ORIOLES ......0 1-4

The Red Sox and the Yankees are each on pace to go 65-97.

The Orioles are on pace to lose more games than the 1962 Mets.

The D-Rays are the only team in the division that is on pace for a winning season.

UPDATE: The Orioles have made a run, and are looking like they just might avoid matching and/or surpassing the futility of the 1962 Mets.

The Yankees have found a new gear, and have surpassed the Blue Jays into 2nd place.

The Red Sox continue to stumble, and appear to be headed for another losing season like they had in 2012, only one year after winning the World Series.

Not one team with a winning record.

This division totally sucks.

The A.L. Central and A.L. West teams are probably salivating about the prospect of playing them.

o

D-RAYS...........o4-4

YANKEES ......O 4-4

BLUE JAYS... 3-4

RED SOX OOOO 3-4

ORIOLES ......0 3-5

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More Jones on the on-field visitors: "Anybody who does it, I wish the cops tase the living sh*t out of them. I wish that.”</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">April 8, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Adam Jones on penalties for fans running onto field: "They should let us have a shot to kick them w/ our metal spikes on because its stupid"</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jones said a fan hurt their ankle running on field last yr in BAL "I was laughing at him. I wish he shattered his femur because it’s stupid"</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

Archived