What's Up With Lough?

olehippi

Guest rochester
So what changed and why? How is it that nine months ago he was a good major league player? Generally 28-year-old professional athletes don't lose all of their value overnight.

Head injury? (not dx'd as a concussion)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The quality of his at bats are comical. He has zero clue. We are down 2 runs in Minnesota and he swings at 3-1 and 2-0 pitches. Guy on mound has zero command and what we see tonight. His leash can't be much longer.

So what changed and why? How is it that nine months ago he was a good major league player? Generally 28-year-old professional athletes don't lose all of their value overnight.

Since we're asking unanswerable questions, I'll ask:

-- when he was compiling good #s in the PCL and then with Kansas City, did Lough habitually swing at pitches like he did on the 2nd pitch of the bases loaded at bat just now? Bases loaded, nobody out, a pitcher who has walked a guy, hit 2 in a row, and then thrown a ball way off the plate, throws a ball that bounces in the dirt and Lough swings at it.

If that was his approach at the plate when he was putting up decent numbers, then I guess he can just continue to do that kind of thing and the numbers will magically return.

If that wasn't his approach... then I think we have to ask what has changed. Did he have a hitting coach in KC who got him to take a better approach at the plate? Has his eyesight declined? I don't have answers.

But the guy I see is terrible and I am not just alking about statistical outcomes, I see someone who simply cannot hit major league pitching right now.

The quality of his at bats are comical. He has zero clue. We are down 2 runs in Minnesota and he swings at 3-1 and 2-0 pitches. Guy on mound has zero command and what we see tonight. His leash can't be much longer.

It's beyond bad. Before he stepped to the plate I said in the game thread I would have ordered him to take until at least a strike was thrown. Unfortunately BUck didn't do that.

Lough single handily may have cost us this game. Release him, nobody will claim him. I actually HOPE someone claims him, take him! Please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's beyond bad. Before he stepped to the plate I said in the game thread I would have ordered him to take until at least a strike was thrown. Unfortunately BUck didn't do that.

I liked the trade and still do, it was worth it but I am tired of hearing what he did last year, it isn't like he has years of production in the big leagues.

Lough single handily may have cost us this game. Release him, nobody will claim him. I actually HOPE someone claims him, take him! Please!

Absolutely! How dare he not run down that triple down the FIRST base line! And why wasn't he backing up the catcher on that wild pitch? Inexcusable!

Absolutely! How dare he not run down that triple down the FIRST base line! And why wasn't he backing up the catcher on that wild pitch? Inexcusable!

I just don't get the Lough defense. I am convinced a few of you are related to the guy.

I just don't get the Lough defense. I am convinced a few of you are related to the guy.

I just have issues with hyperbole.

As for Lough, excuse me for wanting someone in the outfield that can actually run down a fly ball.

If he can hit even a little, his glove makes the team better.

Archived