Chris Davis Home Run Watch, 2014

OFFNY

I think they just wanted to tease him and loosen him up.

I thought the same thing. No secret he was in a bit of a funk. I'm sure they all knew he'd get right soon. And as the guy who was #3 in MVP voting last year, he can certainly take some fun being poked at his slump.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they froze him because if not for the wind, it was a sure out. Put that one in the "lucky" column. He hit the ball a mile high and the wind carried a routine flyout, out of the park. Keep trying Chris, you might hit a "real" HR soon. :laughlol:

if he 'REGRESSES' to a 30 HR season this year..I'll gladly take it.IF Cruz and Jones and Manny keep hitting.

It would most likely be a miracle if he hits 30 this year. He'll need to get scorching hot, and he's done that exactly 1 game this season against Pittsburgh. 2013 Chris Davis is not here.

Miracle though? Really?

He's on pace for a sub .800 OPS, and 23 HR's. I haven't seen anything at all that makes me think he's going to turn into the 2013 version. He said he fixed it during the PIT series, well, apparently he was wrong.

I'd be surprised if he DOESN'T pick up the pace and hit 30 or close to it. If there's anybody that can heat up and start knocking balls out left and right it's CD.

I'd take the under, and hope I'm dead wrong.

He's on pace for a sub .800 OPS, and 23 HR's. I haven't seen anything at all that makes me think he's going to turn into the 2013 version. He said he fixed it during the PIT series, well, apparently he was wrong.

Well, that's assuming he misses a proportional number of games moving forward as he's missed thus far. Using his per-game HR over the remaining 105 team games gives a slightly more encouraging 28 HR pace. Also, .789 is sub-.800 OPS, but I would argue that your phrasing is a little more alarmist than it needs to be considering he's trending up.

OPS by month as of 6/5/14:

March (1 Game): 0.000

April (23 Games): 0.782

May (18 Games): 0.807

June (3 Games): 0.900

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, June 14th)

NUMBER 11

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, June 14th)

NUMBER 11

o

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

CHRISTOPHER LYN DAVIS

That was a nice one. Made the Jays pay for an error, gave us the lead that we ended up holding. Really nice to see CD go deep to the opposite field too.

Archived