Chris Davis Home Run Watch, 2014

OFFNY

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Davis is being crowded inside to keep him from extending his arms. He has to make an adjustment which will probably mean less HR and more walks, until they find that counter productive. The good news is he is getting hits and driving in runs. It sure would help if Markakis could get on base more.

It looks like Davis is being crowded inside to keep him from extending his arms. He has to make an adjustment which will probably mean less HR and more walks, until they find that counter productive. The good news is he is getting hits and driving in runs. It sure would help if Markakis could get on base more.

He's taken quite a few walks lately.

Despite the fact that he had not hit a homer until yesterday, Davis has looked OK this season. He's been on base in every game except the opener, and had an 8 game hitting streak snapped on Saturday in a game where he was walked twice. I'm glad to see him get his first dinger of the year, but frankly I wasn't too worried about him. He'll hit at least 35-40 bombs before the season is over,and if he manages to put up a .350 OBP when he's not hitting them, as he has so far this year, he'll have a very good season.

Despite the fact that he had not hit a homer until yesterday, Davis has looked OK this season. He's been on base in every game except the opener, and had an 8 game hitting streak snapped on Saturday in a game where he was walked twice. I'm glad to see him get his first dinger of the year, but frankly I wasn't too worried about him. He'll hit at least 35-40 bombs before the season is over,and if he manages to put up a .350 OBP when he's not hitting them, as he has so far this year, he'll have a very good season.
And be way out of our price range.

And be way out of our price range.

Haha, right on time. :)

He's gotten into a few that seems like they've hung up and/or been hit to the deepest parts of the ballparks we've been in. I think he's been pretty unlucky in that respect. As others have said, though, he's been getting on base and playing well overall. The homers will come.

Archived