Kevin Gausman Today, 2014.

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heck of a game by Gausman. We needed those 7 innings.

I have not been a fan of the team's handling of him this year so far and would have preferred that he continue starting in Norfolk without getting called up earlier in the year, but with our injuries and ineffective starters he may have earned his start for good with this performance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• It’s not easy hitting in your pajamas.  
    • Baker blows up in about 1 of every 3 appearances, just like he did here.
    • I don't know.   I also don't care.  I mean we're all Orioles fans...we all know Brady hit 50 homers out of the leadoff spot and I don't remember complaining about him not hitting lower in the order.  That's the funny thing about sports fans, they all want to fix "good enough" by tinkering with things...Gunnar is an MVP candidate out of the leadoff spot, why change anything? 6 leadoff homers is pretty great, it's jumping on the opposing pitcher and presumably, you're already up 1-0 in the first.  Or if you've given up a run or two in the top of the first and Gunnar leads off with a homer, you're answering back right away. I'll also cue @DrungoHazewoodto come in and remind everyone that lineup optimization doesn't work...or really matter.
    • You laugh, but the advanced stats show that Urias fully deserved that GG.   He hasn’t played as well defensively in 2023-24, though.   Urias had another hit yesterday and has a 1.007 OPS over his last 10 games.  He had a terrible April but has hit well since then, though only seeing occasional action.    
    • I saw a highlight of him drilling a line-drive double up the LCF gap, which is the sort of thing he was doing before he got called up and didn't do at all in the big leagues. Hopefully that's a good sign.  
    • What was Means’ ERA in AAA?  Or Suarez’s? SSS. Something pretty weird was happening in AAA those first few weeks. Also, I’m never dinging vets that go down there. Especially relievers. They should be treating it like ST and working on adjustments to have success at the MLB level.  A shuttle of Krook, Baker, Martin, Zimmerman, and eventually McDermott, makes a lot of since for the last bullpen spot. I left out Vespi because I think the next time we option him that we have to DFA him because he’s already been optioned 4 times this year. The max is 5. 
    • How does the board view this prospective trade?  Orioles send Norby, Bradfield Jr and Povich to Marlins for Luzardo?  Sounds reasonable.
  • Popular Contributors