Kevin Gausman Today, 2014.

Bahama O's Fan

I think most of us are only forming opinions of the Orioles management based off of this start, not of Kevin. Even if he was lights out, I just felt the downside was far greater than the upside of pitching a young guy who doesn't have a track record of success at this level yet on three days rest. This isn't game 7 of the WS. I wish I could understand what made them think this was a good idea.

The Tigers crush LHP and they wanted to delay Chen until KC. Gonzo would have been going on short rest. They felt a Gausman/Gonzo tandem might work. There weren't many other options.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Tigers crush LHP and they wanted to delay Chen until KC. Gonzo would have been going on short rest. They felt a Gausman/Gonzo tandem might work. They're weren't many other options.

I do wonder if reversing the order might have been the better choice.

Oh hindsight

Did Shaq ever improve significantly with his free throw shooting? What makes you think Gausman will make the necessary massive location improvements needed for success?

Also, I was never able to fully master spanish, so I'm pretty sure Gausman will struggle with the slider in addition to the aforementioned control issues.

Also, I was never able to fully master spanish, so I'm pretty sure Gausman will struggle with the slider in addition to the aforementioned control issues.

Yep given Shaq's free throw shooting issues it's a miracle Randy Johnson ever figured out how to command his fastball.

How did he get anyone out?

It's a miracle.

It's a miracle.

I don't care about the particulars....most here predicted he couldn't go long enough. Buck said his limit was 85 pitches. His call up was flipping stupid. He's just not ready to be here and the team had struggles with the SPs getting through six and they do this! I've lost faith in Buck to make the right call....this move and the batting Schoop and Lough when we really needed a rally.

DD said he wanted better OBP guys in the offseason but didn't go get any.

I don't care about the particulars....most here predicted he couldn't go long enough. Buck said his limit was 85 pitches. His call up was flipping stupid. He's just not ready to be here and the team had struggles with the SPs getting through six and they do this! I've lost faith in Buck to make the right call....this move and the batting Schoop and Lough when we really needed a rally.

DD said he wanted better OBP guys in the offseason but didn't go get any.

He didn't have to go long enough, Gonzo was piggybacking!

I am wondering why Gonzo didn't go further.

The Tigers crush LHP and they wanted to delay Chen until KC. Gonzo would have been going on short rest. They felt a Gausman/Gonzo tandem might work. There weren't many other options.

Also, the fact that Gausman's best start last year was against the Tigers (6 IP, 1 ER) may have been a factor.

Archived