Brad Brach

xian4

Two things the ESPN article made me think about:

First, I know it's uncommon to move a career long reliever into the rotation, but with the way Brach has developed, he has a mid 90's FB, and two great off speed offerings. Why not, possibly starting next year?

Second, as much as I love Zach Britton and how automatic he is, it made me consider whether we should be looking at trading him for a quality starter and throw Brach in the closer's role. I didn't feel comfortable about O'day, but Brach is filthy and Britton will be expensive.

Either move could really help our future. Brach the late bloomer! Someone our organization didn't screw up, but rather developed!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two things the ESPN article made me think about:

First, I know it's uncommon to move a career long reliever into the rotation, but with the way Brach has developed, he has a mid 90's FB, and two great off speed offerings. Why not, possibly starting next year?

Second, as much as I love Zach Britton and how automatic he is, it made me consider whether we should be looking at trading him for a quality starter and throw Brach in the closer's role. I didn't feel comfortable about O'day, but Brach is filthy and Britton will be expensive.

Either move could really help our future. Brach the late bloomer! Someone our organization didn't screw up, but rather developed!

They touched on it in the article, he still has a pretty questionable delivery for a pitcher. Just not as bad as it used to be.

What Brach has been doing so far this year is flat out crazy. His stuff was absolutely filthy last night.

You're not kidding.

Have to give crazy props to Duquette for pulling off the trade for Brach. All he's done every year with the O's is get better.

2014: 125 ERA+, 3.90 FIP, 7.8 SO/9, 3.6 BB/9, 1.171 WHIP

2015: 151 ERA+, 3.47 FIP, 10.1 SO/9, 4.3 BB/9, 1.197 WHIP

2016: 518 ERA+, 2.08 FIP, 10.3 SO/9, 2.5 BB/9, 0.897 WHIP

• 2 weeks later...

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 6/18)

Came into a tense, 3-2 game in the 8th inning.

Retired all 3 batters that he faced, which preserved the Orioles' narrow lead.

2 Strikeouts, 1 Groundout.

2016 ERA: OOll 1.23

2016 WHIP: Oo 0.899

o

(vs. BLUE JAYS, 6/19)

Entered the game with the Orioles clinging to an 8-6 lead, and a runner on 1st base with 2 outs.

Got the out that was needed, got 3 more the next inning, and 2 more the inning after that before giving way to Brian Duensing for the final out of the game.

Was pitching on no rest, as he came in and shut the Blue Jays down the day before, as well.

0 Runs, 0 Hits, 1 Walk, and 3 Strikeouts in 2 full innings of work.

2016 ERA: OOll 1.16

2016 WHIP: Oo 0.879

o

(vs. DODGERS, 7/05)

Struck out the side.

13 Pitches (10 Strikes, 3 Balls.)

2016 ERA: OOll 0.99

2016 WHIP: Oo 0.788

Guess Brach wanted to show his All-Star game detractors that he deserved it. He's having a great year!

o

(vs. ANGELS, 7/10)

Ceded 1 unearned run when Mark Trumbo misplayed a single into a triple.

Even while ceding a walk, he still had a good overall strikes-to-balls ratio: ) 18 Pitches (11 Strikes, 7 Balls.)

2016 ERA: OO.l 0.91

2016 WHIP: Oo 0.831

Archived