Is it a stretch to think that Joseph could replicate the offensive output that Wieters has averaged?

MarkakisFan21

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before this season, that is. Is it a stretch to think that in a full season Joseph could hit .240 with 20 homers and an OPS around .750?

At the age of 22, with half a year of professional experience, Matt Wieters put up a 1.085 OPS at AA Bowie.

At the age of 27, with five years of pro experience including three prior years in the Eastern League, Caleb Joseph put up an .840 OPS at AA Bowie.

Or, what Can_of_corn said.

At the age of 22, with half a year of professional experience, Matt Wieters put up a 1.085 OPS at AA Bowie.

At the age of 27, with five years of pro experience including three prior years in the Eastern League, Caleb Joseph put up an .840 OPS at AA Bowie.

Or, what Can_of_corn said.

I think the OP is a huge stretch but I don't see how Wieters Minor league numbers matter. He has a pretty clear ML track record.

So you're saying...there's a chance?

If he keeps throwing runners out i don't care what he hits.

Well, his CS percentage of 44% will probably come back down to earth (ML average is 27%), but I've been very impressed with him behind the plate. He blocks the ball well and has a quick release when throwing to 2B. While everyone is throwing around MiL numbers I'll throw out his CS% of 34%. Not too bad for a guy who was thought of as a poor defensive catcher.

Hundley does have two options left according to the sticky above. Clevenger is hitting the cover off the ball. They could always go back to him.

Is it just me or did Buck play Hundley vs two LHP recently? He hits RHP better, but if you play in a platoon then he's getting bulk of the innings and I'm not sold on his defense. Get Clevenger back up so there's a true platoon and we go back to a track meet on the bases. Buck no like, and neither do I. We have enough offense to carry a catcher who provides above average defense.

At least until further notice.

Archived