vs. WHITE SOX 6/23

scOtt

Why, he was safe. Definitively.

Are you trolling? The most revealing angle showed the ball entering the glove a fraction before the foot touched the bag. On what planet is he safe definitively?

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it possible that Jones is one of the top 10 players in the American League?

Interesting question...how do you measure? Are there 10 or more players in the league for whom you'd trade AJ straight-up if money weren't an issue? If not, then yes. I think he's certainly one of the best players in the league. Not sure about top 10, but he's not far off, IMO.

Maybe we are watching different angles lol. It was bang bang- but what I saw on slo mo was the ball hitting the glove first.

I'll say this, I thought he was out too, but barely conclusively. In the 2nd inning... better to save it for later.

Are you trolling? The most revealing angle showed the ball entering the glove a fraction before the foot touched the bag. On what planet is he safe definitively?

Nope. I guess I thought I saw the saw the same thing the replay guy saw. I'll drop it. You guys are convincing me we were both wrong. The other angles looked close.

I was mocked for saying he was top 15.

I mean, who is definitively better? Cabrera, Trout, maybe Cano, maybe Bautista, maybe Donaldson, maybe Pedroia, Donaldson is up there... I'm thinking hard here. He's better than Papi, Cespedes, anyone on the Yankees, Rays, Twins, White Sox, Royals, Astros... Possibly Texas.

He's up there. Talking position players only, of course, but he's up there. He's damn good.

He's now on pace for another 30 HR and 100 RBI season (.812 OPS currently). I think he's already a "star"...just happens that the league has a lot of stars.

True. I shoulda said superstar. That whole 'nother level.

I mean, who is definitively better? Cabrera, Trout, maybe Cano, maybe Bautista, maybe Donaldson, maybe Pedroia, Donaldson is up there... I'm thinking hard here. He's better than Papi, Cespedes, anyone on the Yankees, Rays, Twins, White Sox, Royals, Astros... Possibly Texas.

He's up there. Talking position players only, of course, but he's up there. He's damn good.

He's tied for 10th in the AL in fWAR right now with Encarnacion.

EDIT: among position players.

Archived