Crasnick: Orioles Primed to Take Control of the Division ???

OFFNY

Baltimore needs to get the old Notre Dame WR of they want to stay at the top.

No chance nor should they. Your not getting him without giving up either KG or Bundy plus several other prospects or both of Rodriguez and Harvey plus. Thinking otherwise is a pipe dream.

I am fine with Jimenez, Tillman, KG, Norris and Chen ....if they pitch to potential they are good enough to get it done without giving up your future.

The old Notre Dame receiver is putting up great numbers this season but so is Arrieta, makes you wonder how much of that greatness would translate in the AL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talk is cheap. We won four games against 4 nobody starters. We had just lost 3 of 4 at home to TB. I don't think the team is even close to firing on all cylinders, which is what it would take to pull away from the pack.

And they're still leading the division which is the point of the article.

We are in the middle of a pennant race. Cheer up mate. The A's lost 3 in a row to the Tigers last week by a combined score of 17-9. It happens.

And the Tigers were awful for a while before that. For those who like steady as she goes...this is not a sport that is prone to that.

And the Tigers were awful for a while before that. For those who like steady as she goes...this is not a sport that is prone to that.

Yup exactly it one of the beautiful things about the game. Your team can suck in the grand scheme of things but for 9 innings on any given night there is no other sport that is unpredictable.

No chance nor should they. Your not getting him without giving up either KG or Bundy plus several other prospects or both of Rodriguez and Harvey plus. Thinking otherwise is a pipe dream.

I am fine with Jimenez, Tillman, KG, Norris and Chen ....if they pitch to potential they are good enough to get it done without giving up your future.

The old Notre Dame receiver is putting up great numbers this season but so is Arrieta, makes you wonder how much of that greatness would translate in the [\quote]

I don't know why ppl are so high on Bundy. He is coming off Surgery and who knows what he will bring us.

By the time Bundy is what Jeff currently.is, could be about the same time we no longer have Hardy Wieters and or Davis and the pitching might not matter.

Its not.like Samardzja is 37 and on his way outi He could very easily play as many years as Bundy from here on out.

I understand the expectations of Bundy. But is hoping for expectations and uncertainty better than actual certainty?

RZNJ's statement was worded too harshly, but he has a point (depressing as it may be). It's one that I've echoed several times recently: the team, as it's been playing, cannot win a long playoff series against an elite team (e.g., the A's). That said (and as others have mentioned above), the point of the article isn't what the O's have been doing up to this point, it's about the possibilities going forward.

And sweeping a bad team (along with their "four nobody starters") is precisely what good teams are supposed to do. I'm not a believer yet, but here's hoping the O's can pull together and do more than simply eek a playoff spot out of a weak division. If they do start firing on all cylinders, they could be dangerous.

I don't know why ppl are so high on Bundy. He is coming off Surgery and who knows what he will bring us.

By the time Bundy is what Jeff currently.is could be about the same time we longer have Hardy Wieters and or Davis and the pitching might not matter.

Its not.like Samardzja is 37 and on his way oit. He could very easily play as many uears as Bundy from here on out.

I understand the expectations of Bundy. But is hoping for expectations and uncertainty better than actual certainty?

Other than the fact the kid is recovering fine like most do these days and in terms of physical tools and ability he is highly projectble? Add to that the fact he has produced to a level commensurate with that talent? Not to mention he is one of the smartest and most dedicated prospects this team has seen in some time.Geez I do not know why I would object to trading that level of talent for a guy with a career 3.97 ERA in the NL Central. Bundy is light years ahead of JS in terms of long term potential. KG is a guy who is showing you why you do not give up on that simply cause it does not work out 100%. I

Samardzja had an ERA north of 4.00 last year and this season since his hot start his ERA is climbing steadily to just a hair south of 3.00

It would be monumentally stupid for the O's to trade Bundy straight up for JS nevermind add whatever the Cubs would likely demand in addition.

RZNJ's statement was worded too harshly, but he has a point (depressing as it may be). It's one that I've echoed several times recently: the team, as it's been playing, cannot win a long playoff series against an elite team (e.g., the A's). That said (and as others have mentioned above), the point of the article isn't what the O's have been doing up to this point, it's about the possibilities going forward.

And sweeping a bad team (along with their "four nobody starters") is precisely what good teams are supposed to do. I'm not a believer yet, but here's hoping the O's can pull together and do more than simply eek a playoff spot out of a weak division. If they do start firing on all cylinders, they could be dangerous.

I responded to his post. The way he worded it. I'll respond to yours.

It's not a weak division. The Yankees and the Red Sox are not over the top expensively good. They are expensively average. Like a lot of other teams in other divisions. The Rays are hampered, but it is not like they have a lucky horseshoe that they get to rub with their payroll every years. Sometimes the cows come home. We have a good team that I hope we keep putting together more wins than we lose. Because at this point the pack is separating. There are legitimately only five teams within striking distance of a wildcard berth.

Good teams are supposed to win series with bad teams. Texas spent a lot of money, this year and for years to come to be this bad. They are still a major league team. Sweeps are tough.

Other than the fact the kid is recovering fine like most do these days and in terms of physical tools and ability he is highly projectble? Add to that the fact he has produced to a level commensurate with that talent? Not to mention he is one of the smartest and most dedicated prospects this team has seen in some time.Geez I do not know why I would object to trading that level of talent for a guy with a career 3.97 ERA in the NL Central. Bundy is light years ahead of JS in terms of long term potential. KG is a guy who is showing you why you do not give up on that simply cause it does not work out 100%. I

Samardzja had an ERA north of 4.00 last year and this season since his hot start his ERA is climbing steadily to just a hair south of 3.00

It would be monumentally stupid for the O's to trade Bundy straight up for JS nevermind add whatever the Cubs would likely demand in addition.

You talk about him being in the NL central like its inflating his numbers. Outside of the Pirates and Cubs that division is solid.

StL been to the WS what? Two or three times in the past 4 years. Brewers always has a strong offense Cinnci has been good up until this year and they still arent a cupcake team. Pirates have been progressing and he doesnt face the cubs.

Also one xould argue that this year the NL central is better than the AL east.

Also in recent years the Yankees have had success trading their prospects for proven MLBrs.

How long has Houston been bad? How often do they trade their prospects? Do they ever and its not helping them.

Gausman is young. Everyone talks about how Harvey, Bundy, and Rodriguez are suppose to be so good. Well why can't we afford to lose one of them for a proven guy?

And everyone on here week after week keeps saying we need to trade for a rotation guy yet don't want to give anything up four something good.

You can't get filet mignon by giving up peanuts.

I also remember how ppl on here were for trading Bundy for Cliff Lee last year, who is on his way out, yet dont want to give him up for a what? 26 year old?

But let's hold out in hopes he helps.us.next year when we no longer have the middle order of our lineup.

We stand to lose Davis, Hardy, Cruz if that happens it won't matter how good Bundy is.

Not to mention if he is as good as yak think, what makes you think he wont go to the Yanks for a big contract when his Is up in Bmore?

Ppl act like just because he is our current prospect that he will be with the team forever.

If we traded bundy for Samardzja and he helped get us to the WS, no one would care about losing him.

Ppl act like just because he is our current prospect that he will be with the team forever.

If we traded bundy for Samardzja and he helped get us to the WS, no one would care about losing him.

A lot of very intelligent people that I speak with are opposed to your logic and position on this.

Samardzja not even the best pitcher on the Cubs staff. Trading Bundy for him would be the worst move Dan could make.

I was very surprised the other day when I looked at the standings to see that the NYY were under .500. I think if the Orioles avoid their usual August swoon they should be able to take first in the division and hold on to it. Much easier to get into the playoffs that way then having to duke it out for a wild card spot. I doubt they will be able to get a front of the line starter without giving up a lot in return. Maybe it is best to leave it as it is and have Gausman and Bundy for 6 years or more.

Archived