Crasnick: Orioles Primed to Take Control of the Division ???

OFFNY

Prior to this season Samardzja was basically underachieving. You want to trade a guy who in my opinion has as good of stuff or Bette than KG for him and refer to him as "fillet mignon " lol thank god your not our GM

Explain how Jake and Hammel looks so good in the NL central but were mediocre here?

Not to mention you do not trade a prospect like Bundy for a guy you have no chance to resign before becoming a FA. It would not only be dumb it would be epically stupid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk[/quote

Maybe Jake just finally figured out how to consistently throw nasty pitches for strikes. Its not common for this to happen at his age but the results sure seem to be legit- though probably not quite sustainable at this level. Also I'd say in 2012 Hammel was pretty damn far above any level that could be considered mediocre. This isn't the first time he's done this and I think the NL central excuse is a lot of garbage. 15 scoreless innings vs Milwaukee is pretty impressive too considering their offense is better than any in our division except Toronto. He's been good against everyone.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My belief is they will not pull away from the Blue Jays any time soon. Why? Here's the Orioles schedule coming out of the All-Star break:

3 @ OAK

3 @ LAA

4 @ SEA

3 vs LAA

3 vs SEA

3 @ TOR

3 vs STL

Ouch. Well, the good news is the schedule gets better after that, with many in-division games. Hopefully the Orioles can earn their division championship then. But they'll struggle to do better than .500 through the above stretch.

Yeah, the next month doesn't look very fun. We went 16-12 in our soft month of June. I think we need a 19-9 given that it doesn't get any easier. The Tampa series and the 5 run blown save in New York really hurt. That being said, I think we have the best team in the AL East as of now.. so let's go O's.

It looks like Samardzija and Hammel are no longer options. If source is true, the A's got them.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11177585/chicago-cubs-trade-jeff-samardzija-jason-hammel-oakland-athletics

Wow. The A's already had four starters with ERAs of 3.55 or better (Gray, 3.08; Kazmir, 2.61; Chavez, 3.23; Milone, 3.55). Now they add not one, but two additional starters who could slot anywhere in the middle/back of their rotation?***

Sure can't wait to watch Gonzo pitch again.

*** I'm not actually a believer in Hammel. Back in the AL, I think he's destined for the bullpen.

For one, I didn't say we are a horrible team. No one enjoys an Os' win more than I do. I hope they go on a long winning streak and pull away. Sorry if my ACTUAL belief is that this team cannot pull away without Davis and Machado getting it together and the starting rotation keeping it together. We don't have one starter who has been a go to guy this year. I still think the team is a an 85-90 win team. I just don't think that is a team that can pull away from the pack. If evertything goes right (Pearce and Cruz continue to hit and Davis and Machado get hot and the starting pitching stays consistent) then maybe. I just don't think the last 4 games prove anything about this team being ready to take off. Too bad a post like that gets the pollyannas all twisted up.

I agree with your assessment of what the team has done so far. We did what we needed to do in June and early July by putting up a solid record during a weak part of our schedule. Nothing about that performance suggested to me that we are about to pull away from the pack.

The simple truth is, you never know what baseball is going to bring you. In 2012, we were 46-44 on July 17, then went 47-25 the rest of the season. I certainly didn't see that coming. Last year, we were 57-43 on July 22, then closed the season 28-34. So, do I claim that I have any earthly idea what is going to happen to the 46-39 Orioles the rest of the way this year? Nope. I'm no soothsayer. Things could get better or worse from here. I'm just here to watch.

And you know Angelos regrets the Ubaldo deal how?

Obviously it's just a guess, but for a man who never spends a dime to give the most expensive pitching contract out for us to date, just for Ubaldo's sub-par production then it could be safe to assume he wouldn't be happy.

Obviously it's just a guess, but for a man who never spends a dime to give the most expensive pitching contract out for us to date, just for Ubaldo's sub-par production then it could be safe to assume he wouldn't be happy.

Are you sure he is focused on that? I suspect he is happy that his birthday came and went with his team in first place. Ahead of the Yankees.

Are you sure he is focused on that? I suspect he is happy that his birthday came and went with his team in first place. Ahead of the Yankees.

I didn't say it had to be a focus. It must be something he considers, as this team could be further up in first. Moreover, If I'm having a great vacation, but lost my expensive watch, yea I would be having a great time, but then again there is that afterthought of my lost watch.

I didn't say it had to be a focus. It must be something he considers, as this team could be further up in first. Moreover, If I'm having a great vacation, but lost my expensive watch, yea I would be having a great time, but then again there is that afterthought of my lost watch.

Got it. Fair analogy as well.

He is also eighty five. 85.

Dude, there are worse contracts out there than Ubaldo Jimenez. He's been a bit of a hard luck pitcher this season (93 ERA+, 0.4 pWAR but a 3-8 record). Actually his numbers aren't far off from Chris Tillman and Tillman is 7-4. It's all about the walks with him.

Prior to this season Samardzja was basically underachieving. You want to trade a guy who in my opinion has as good of stuff or Bette than KG for him and refer to him as "fillet mignon " lol thank god your not our GM

Explain how Jake and Hammel looks so good in the NL central but were mediocre here?

Not to mention you do not trade a prospect like Bundy for a guy you have no chance to resign before becoming a FA. It would not only be dumb it would be epically stupid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Was just proving a point. If anyone was filet mignon it would be the Kershaws abd King Felix types. Forgot ppl.took everythingoso literally on the net.

But the As host got alot tougher abd wasnt afraid to give up a young arm dudeithey have alot more....kind of like the Os :confused: head scratcher..

Archived