60th Anniversary Event on August 8

TonySoprano

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something magic happens, everytime you go

You make the magic happen, the magic of Orioles? Baseball!

When the game is close, and the O?s are hot

There?s a thundering roar from 34 to give it all they?ve got

And you never know who?s gonna hear the call

Every game there?s a different star

That?s the magic of Orioles? Baseball!

Orioles Magic! Feel it happen!

O - R - I - O - L - E - S !

Magic! Magic! Magic! Magic!

Something magic happens, everytime you go

You make the magic happen, the magic of Orioles? Baseball!

When Weaver moves and we score the runs

Nothing could be more exciting

Nothing could be more fun!

There?s a love affair between you and the team

You?re the reason we win when we win

And you know what the magic means!

O - R - I - O - L - E - S !

Something magic happens?.

They announced Frank was one of only two players to have been with the Orioles as a player, coach and manager. Name the other one.

Also, there is a third player who accomplished 2/3 of that trifecta, who was he?

Oates and Johnson.

I don't know which was which, though (who did all 3, and who did 2 out of 3.)

It was Oates and Frank. Johnson was a player and manager.

Right, Davey never coached for us (or I don't think anyone) in the bigs. He became a professional manager pretty young. Speaking of Oates, I think he's underrated in Orioles manager history. Still remember being

surprised when my uncle told me they hired Phil Regan who of course ended up lasting only one year.

Right, Davey never coached for us (or I don't think anyone) in the bigs. He became a professional manager pretty young. Speaking of Oates, I think he's underrated in Orioles manager history. Still remember being

surprised when my uncle told me they hired Phil Regan who of course ended up lasting only one year.

I never understood why Angelos made that move. Ripken was no fan of the "Vulture," and didn't hide that fact.

Slightly later to the party than I had hoped, but I couldn't have been happier with the way everything went. To start, the game was one of the most enjoyable and fun games I've ever been to. The atmosphere was great, the team looked ready to go and like they were having a ball, and the crowd was ready to be entertained. The ceremony itself was fantastic, as well done as it could get. The Orioles have gotten their share of criticism over the years for a variety of things, but give them credit for one thing, when they take the time to put together things like that, they hit them out of the park. It started with the statues two years ago, and it continued last night.

I went into it thinking they were going to introduce guys and save the Hall of Famers for last, but I loved that they didn't do that. Going through it chronologically made it all feel much more connected and continuous. I loved the music selections, and they all fit the era's and mood. They almost, almost had me start to lose it when they got to '89 and the end of Memorial Stadium, which being that that was my childhood that was of course what meant the most to me, but the love and appreciation the fans gave to everybody, no matter what era they played was tremendous. I could lament about a lengthy list of Orioles Hall of Famers who weren't there for a variety of reasons, but to have that many in one setting was incredibly special. All in all one of my favorite games I have ever been to, and a truly special night. The Orioles deserve every bit of praise they receive and then some for putting it together.

Archived