Baseball Reference vs The Baseball Cube

KLINE

Baseball cube has A LOT of mistakes.

You're telling me. They still list Daniel Cabrera as the Dominican Summer League's All-Star first-baseman from 1996. (When he was 15-years-old and was just beginning to play baseball) Anybody who's ever seen him try to hit would have to be a little suspicious.

Anyway, I'd seen a few articles about Cabrera citing his prior fist base experience, so I decided to clear it up once and for all when I interviewed him.

We had a nice chat, but the look on Cabrera's face when I asked if it was true he'd been a first-baseman was embarrassing. Probably the dumbest question he'd been asked in his career. Thanks Baseball Cube. :rolleyes:

Just to be contrarian, I still find The Baseball Cube has its uses. I like the fact that you can get the minor league and major league stats on one page. I also like the H/9, HR/9, BB/9 and K/9 ratios being calculated for you. And, I like have the information about when and in what round the player was drafted. So I like both, and use both.

Just to be contrarian, I still find The Baseball Cube has its uses. I like the fact that you can get the minor league and major league stats on one page. I also like the H/9, HR/9, BB/9 and K/9 ratios being calculated for you. And, I like have the information about when and in what round the player was drafted. So I like both, and use both.

Same here. If BB-Ref did this I doubt I would ever use the Cube again.

BB-Ref has draft info, too.

Thank you for clarifying my point - that is what I'm referring to, not the popups.

Consider first inning

Clean, easy to read, many relevant, important and in some cases, not found elsewhere stats (batted ball charts) and info from MilB, Winter Ball, and the MLB

For hitters stuff like: ISOP BB% K% BABIP GB% LD% RC RC/27 wOBA and a batted ball chart.

For pitchers stuff like: BB/PA K/PA BABIP GB% HR/Air FIP BsRA9 and a batted ball chart too.

baseball reference is amazing. Only time I look at TBC is for minor league stats, and it pains me to go there.

Glad that BBR has minor league stats, but I wish they'd combine them on the players MLB page. Similar to how topps baseball cards used to do back in the 80's, everything was all right there.

• 1 year later...

Archived