If we were fortunate enough to make the World Series, how would you feel about playing the Nats?

Frobby

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish Harper had played like that during the regular season. He was on my fantasy team.

I think they racked up a lot of their wins against one of the easiest divisions in baseball. I was surprised but not shocked that they lost to the Giants.

If fantasy baseball online had been around during Mr. October's ERA, the fans would have been saying the same thing. :)

Reminding me a little of the Orioles in 2012 and how their bats went cold against the Tigers.

I wouldn't personally beatup on the Nationals. They wouldn't be the first team to have a very good regular season not go well for them in the playoffs. I think the Dodgers are in a similar boat.

I presume you mean Yankees?

Anyway, I was kind of pulling for Washington this time around, largely because I'm sick of the Giants and Cards always winning the pennant (every year since 2010 now). I suppose I am glad though that we will dodge both Strasburg and Kershaw though.

Who does everyone think we would match up better against in the WS?

I presume you mean Yankees?

Anyway, I was kind of pulling for Washington this time around, largely because I'm sick of the Giants and Cards always winning the pennant (every year since 2010 now). I suppose I am glad though that we will dodge both Strasburg and Kershaw though.

Who does everyone think we would match up better against in the WS?

Yikes, you are correct.

I was very impressed with how Bryce Harper played in this post-season. Much better display than the media's other darling young stud Mike Trout. But I do hate the Nationals with a passion and wish to see them fail at every turn, so I'm glad they didn't advance.

I'm a born and raised Northern Virginian, but couldn't root for the Montreal Expos when they came to DC (nor would I ever have given up on the O's, too much history with them), but I follow them and selfishly thought it was fine to have a national league team close-by. I harbored no ill-will towards them or their fans until this season, when suddenly the "F-the O's and their POS owner" contingent became particularly vocal. I couldn't stand for that. No one gets to hate Peter Angelos more than we do!

Harper is certainly impressive, but can't stand the "anger or the beast" display after the HR's. Giants are intriguing, somewhat like the O's, they just find ways to get it done. They don't make mistakes. Pretty amazing how the Cy's fared the first round, Kershaw in particular.

Archived