It's Time To Bench Chris Davis

LookitsPuck

As far as I'm concerned Davis has to hit well enough the rest of the way to get his BA over .200( not that easy this time of year) and reach 30 HR. Other wise I am looking to move him and use the likely 11 M+ he gets in arbitration elsewhere. I'm tired of flickers of hope every two weeks sandwiched between 20 strike outs.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aren't we nitpicking then? I said a 1/10M contract. He makes 10.35M this year. Pretty flat would be 10.35M again. Even if he gets a raise, it's hard to believe it could be worth more than 12M.

I never disagreed with you.

I just answered your question about what he might make in arbitration. Earlier in the thread I tossed 11 million out there so yea, we are on the same page.

I'm not sure you have to. The team could extend Hardy then have Davis and Markakis each on one year deals to evaluate further (using the logic that there are no bad one year deals).
I think 17 M for Markakis is pretty close. If he doesn't want to give us a home town extension he can walk. Cuddyer for two years would be cheaper and better.

I think 17 M for Markakis is pretty close. If he doesn't want to give us a home town extension he can walk. Cuddyer for two years would be cheaper and better.

I think Davis at 1/11 is a better bet than Markakis at 1/17.5. 3/33 has been a pretty common number thrown out for a hometown extension, what about 4/40 if he wants more years?

I think Davis at 1/11 is a better bet than Markakis at 1/17.5. 3/33 has been a pretty common number thrown out for a hometown extension, what about 4/40 if he wants more years?

I could be wrong, but I don't see Nick taking a hard line with the club and holding out for a 4th year, he wants to play ball here and I think if the Orioles want to keep him, the ball is in their court.

I could be wrong, but I don't see Nick taking a hard line with the club and holding out for a 4th year, he wants to play ball here and I think if the Orioles want to keep him, the ball is in their court.

I don't know if it's so much taking a hard line as it is making sure that he is getting some semblance of fair value for his services, while giving the club a good deal.

I wouldn't offer 4 years out right. I would consider a club option and a buy out. I would go about 3/28M, no more than 3/30.

I wouldn't offer 4 years out right. I would consider a club option and a buy out. I would go about 3/28M, no more than 3/30.

Fair enough. I'm not really getting into what our opening negotiation starting point will be, moreso just trying to guage where people would be comfortable. I think an option for a forth year may be the way to go as well.

I don't know if it's so much taking a hard line as it is making sure that he is getting some semblance of fair value for his services, while giving the club a good deal.

I love the use of the word fair, which I have used myself and then got beat up for it.

I think Nick wants to stay here, if they can work out a deal.

He doesn't have Boras as an agent, and he hasn't been difficult to sign in the past.

I just don't see these as contentious negotiations.

I love the use of the word fair, which I have used myself and then got beat up for it.

I think Nick wants to stay here, if they can work out a deal.

He doesn't have Boras as an agent, and he hasn't been difficult to sign in the past.

I just don't see these as contentious negotiations.

8-10 M per would be fair. 3-5 M wouldn't be.

I really can't believe the lack of love for Chris Davis

He will go to arb and the O's will gladly pay him at about what he made this year.

He has had an off year, and yet he has an outside chance at 30 HR's and 85 RBI's

He is athletic enough and good enough with the glove that he is our backup 3B (how much is that worth), do you really want to see Cord Phelps or Ryan Flaherty at 3B every day.

Folks that are willing to toss him to the side just amaze me. The O's will let him go to arb and pay him 10.5 million and I think he has a nice bounce back next year.

Who knows that bounce back might begin this September. It was Davis and Reynolds that carried us in Aug/Sept 2012

Archived