The most underated player in baseball!

WhoRU

I was just thinking with all of the visitors low opinions of Bedard and Roberts who do we think is the most underated player in baseball. I have to thik that bedard is right up there. To see some Reds fans listing him as a #2 under Harang is just comical. Also for some M's fans to say that they wouldn't trade Jones for him straight up is crazy.

So what do you think? Who is the most underated player in baseball?

BTW this is my attempt to take my mind off of the Suspense that is the Bedard situation. :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not saying he's the most underrated until I get time to think, but Mr. Markakis has got to be somewhere on the list.

Both Bedard and Markakis have both been at their current level of performance for a very short time. And they've done it with a losing team that gets no publicity.

Carlos Pena is very underrated. There's probably a good # of baseball fans that have never heard of him.

Both Bedard and Markakis have both been at their current level of performance for a very short time. And they've done it with a losing team that gets no publicity.

Carlos Pena is very underrated. There's probably a good # of baseball fans that have never heard of him.

I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure Pena is the king of good performance over a short period of time. Besides last season, whenever he's had more than 65 AB, he's never batted over .258, never had even 1/3 walks as strikeouts.

For me, it's definitely Carl Crawford. How is it that when people list the best outfielders, they always seem to forget Crawford?

Brandon Webb. Guy is arguably the best RH in the game and he is barely talked about.

Honorable mentions:

Placido Polanco

Magglio Ordonez

Robinson Cano (hate to say it but the kid is one of the premier 2B in the game and he often gets overlooked because the MFY's have so many stars)

Garrett Atkins

Victor Martinez

I'd counter that Pena could've made an overrated list (over-hyped to be more accurate) prior to last season.

He was a 1st round pick in 1998, and for almost a decade he was either the "next big thing" or a "breakout candidate".

The Rangers & A's traded him. The Tigers and Yankees released him. The Red Sox let him walk as a free agent after 33 at bats.

I don't think "underrated" is the right description for him.

I was just thinking with all of the visitors low opinions of Bedard and Roberts who do we think is the most underated player in baseball. I have to thik that bedard is right up there. To see some Reds fans listing him as a #2 under Harang is just comical. Also for some M's fans to say that they wouldn't trade Jones for him straight up is crazy.

So what do you think? Who is the most underated player in baseball?

BTW this is my attempt to take my mind off of the Suspense that is the Bedard situation. :D

Kendrick

Webb

Ichiro (I don't think the average sports fan realizes how great a player he really is -- top 5 in the game, in my opinion)

McGowan

Weeks

Archived