Who is your MVO? (Update: Cruz wins MVO)

Moose Milligan

Who is the MVO?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MVO?

Headed into the last month of the season, started to think about the MVO award. Curious to see who you guys would pick.

Jones? Steady, consistent. Could finish with 30 homers, 90 RBI. Good defense, plays every day.

Tillman? Posting another solid season. If it ended today, he'd have the lowest ERA of his career. Hs been getting to the 6th and 7th innings consistently. Could finish 16-7 back to back years.

O'Day? Arguably the best reliever in the league.

Pearce? Hasn't had as many at bats as others but where would we be without him?

To me, there isn't a clear cut candidate, but there can be lots of arguments made for a few guys.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Headed into the last month of the season, started to think about the MVO award. Curious to see who you guys would pick.

Jones? Steady, consistent. Could finish with 30 homers, 90 RBI. Good defense, plays every day.

Tillman? Posting another solid season. If it ended today, he'd have the lowest ERA of his career. Hs been getting to the 6th and 7th innings consistently. Could finish 16-7 back to back years.

O'Day? Arguably the best reliever in the league.

Pearce? Hasn't had as many at bats as others but where would we be without him?

To me, there isn't a clear cut candidate, but there can be lots of arguments made for a few guys.

Just off the cuff it's a toss up for me

Cruz he WAS THE OFFENSE the 1st 2 months of the season.

Right with him is Jones MR. steady and club house leader.

Jones...easily. No one else is even close, IMO. The team's lost Manny and Wieters for extended periods of time. If it had lost Jones, the O's playoff chances would be slim. Cruz would be in the conversation had he not fallen off the face of the Earth in the second half, and Pearce gets an honorable mention for a (very) distant 2nd-3rd place finish.

Jones, O'Day, Tillman, Cruz, Britton, Hardy, Chen, Caleb Joseph.

Jones has the best all around game. O'Day has had a historically good season out of the bullpen, and the bullpen has been one of the keys to our success. Tillman very solid down the stretch. Cruz's second half has been too poor to be in the running, and his defense isn't good but gets the nod with the league HR lead. I went with 8 guys just because I wanted CJ to be in the conversation.

I go with Jones. I don't think it's that close either. A Distant 2nd would be Cruz, followed by O'Day.

Jones is the type of player that little league players should try to emulate. Hell, I'm not sure anyone in the MLB hustles ground balls out better than him either. Just an all-around great player, and glad to call him an Oriole. Statue #7, book it.

I went with Britton.

The difference between us being a wild card last year and missing the playoffs may have been the inability of Jim Johnson in the closer role, and more so, Buck's inability to pull him from that role.

This year, Hunter struggled to close, and had Buck stuck with him, who knows where this season would have gone. The Orioles play a TON of close games, and Britton has been lights out all year. If there was a way to pick O'Day and Britton, I would take the tag team, as the two of them basically make it a 7 inning game, and now with Miller, a 6 inning game.

So, Britton was my choice.

Archived