Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

I was there. 12 rows behind the Orioles dugout. I HATE it when we boo our own. I don't care how much money he's making. We want him to succeed. Just like I hated when Jim Johnson got booed, and Kevin Gregg. I just can't understand why we would do that. Do we think that rattling our already rattled pitcher will make him better? He would not have been booed in Memorial Stadium.

I can honestly say that I was the only person standing and clapping for him on his way back to the dugout. Yes, I want a cookie.

"We're all behind him. There's not one guy here who doesn't understand what he's going through. Everybody at some point has kind of been going through what he's going through, so we're 100 percent behind him. We want him to succeed just as much as he does. It's just kind of a rough patch right now and hopefully we can give him some more opportunities to get out there and get the ball rolling."

Jimenez heard the booing as he walked off the mound in the ninth inning, four of the five Twins reaching base against him. Joseph hurt for him.

"Sure, of course," Joseph said. "We're like a family in here and you don't want anybody to ever struggle on your team. You want to try to do whatever you can to support and help through the struggles.

Link.l

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm crazy, but I still believe in Ubaldo. I don't think lack of effort is an issue so I wouldn't personally boo.

Still think he has some good times ahead with the O's. If not this year than in the future.

By all accounts he works hard, is a team player, and has a positive attitude. Basically I do not get the sense that he is thieving his salary. Maybe this isn't the year it clicks for him, but maybe next year he comes in as the nominal #4 or 5 and pitches like the 1 or 2. Hard to tell with him

Maybe I'm crazy,

Anything is possible.

but I still believe in Ubaldo.

So do I.

I don't think lack of effort is an issue,

Neither do I.

so I wouldn't personally boo.

Neither would I.

Still think he has some good times ahead with the O's.

So do I.

If not this year, than in the future.

He still has 3 years and $36 Million left on his contract after the conclusion of this season, so I sure hope so.

I was there. 12 rows behind the Orioles dugout. I HATE it when we boo our own. I don't care how much money he's making. We want him to succeed. Just like I hated when Jim Johnson got booed, and Kevin Gregg. I just can't understand why we would do that. Do we think that rattling our already rattled pitcher will make him better? He would not have been booed in Memorial Stadium.

I can honestly say that I was the only person standing and clapping for him on his way back to the dugout. Yes, I want a cookie.

Link.l

I wish I had known you were there. We did not boo him either.

Link.l

I never liked for a home team player being booed.

Archived