Jimenez getting booed on Sunday.

Snutchy

I also don't like booing any Oriole who is giving an honest effort. That said, I undertand the fans' frustration. When you are ahead by 7 runs in the 9th inning, you really should be able to throw some strikes. I'd rather have seen Ubaldo give up three home runs than walk three guys in that situation.

Well this was on Buck. No reason to send Ubaldo out after sitting for 7/8 days. If he's in bullpen, give him chances to pitch on a regular basis or only bring him in to mop up in rain delays like he did for Norris in Chicago where he pitched pretty well.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well this was on Buck. No reason to send Ubaldo out after sitting for 7/8 days. If he's in bullpen, give him chances to pitch on a regular basis or only bring him in to mop up in rain delays like he did for Norris in Chicago where he pitched pretty well.

A seven run lead doesn't count as mop up duty anymore?

A seven run lead doesn't count as mop up duty anymore?

I mean mop up duty from a rain delay in which a Pitcher is coming in to pitch 4 or 5 innings gets to go through his normal routine. That was the first time Ubaldo in years had to get ready in 35 pitches in the bullpen and then 7 or 8 on the mound before starting the inning. That's a major difference from his normal routine.

A 7 run lead for a reliever in the 9th is mop up duty. A 7 run lead for a starter coming in the 9th is still warming up.

The same is true in the reverse for a reliever trying to start a game or pitch longer then they should. Both sets of pitchers (reliever and starter) warm up totally different.

I mean mop up duty from a rain delay in which a Pitcher is coming in to pitch 4 or 5 innings gets to go through his normal routine. That was the first time Ubaldo in years had to get ready in 35 pitches in the bullpen and then 7 or 8 on the mound before starting the inning. That's a major difference from his normal routine.

A 7 run lead for a reliever in the 9th is mop up duty. A 7 run lead for a starter coming in the 9th is still warming up.

The same is true in the reverse for a reliever trying to start a game or pitch longer then they should. Both sets of pitchers (reliever and starter) warm up totally different.

How many rain delays do you think we get. This is his role now, he needs to adapt.

Right here, right now, he isn't a starter.

I also don't like booing any Oriole who is giving an honest effort. That said, I undertand the fans' frustration. When you are ahead by 7 runs in the 9th inning, you really should be able to throw some strikes. I'd rather have seen Ubaldo give up three home runs than walk three guys in that situation.

Yeah, I don't like booing either, but walking three guys and not throwing strikes with a seven run lead is definitely "boo-able". Not like he's some rookie. Throw a freakin' strike uBBaldo !!

How many rain delays do you think we get. This is his role now, he needs to adapt.

Well got one last night. :thumbsup1:

But his roles is in the bullpen that's true. But if that's his role, he can't sit for 8 days and then expected to pitch an inning. He has to be used regularly.

Right here, right now, he isn't a starter.

Right here, right now, he's in the bullpen, but one with a starter mentality. He wasn't shipped off to AA or AAA and told to learn to be a reliever like Britton, Hunter or Matusz. Rather his performance on Sunday was all on Buck because Buck took a starter/bullpen guy who is struggling and let him sit for 8 days and decided to use him to pitch an inning in a game.

Nobody in a bullpen role sits for 8 days. Yet Ubaldo did and was worse then he has ever been this year.

Well got one last night. :thumbsup1:

But his roles is in the bullpen that's true. But if that's his role, he can't sit for 8 days and then expected to pitch an inning. He has to be used regularly.

Maybe they will just send him home to think about it then. Because he is not starting for this team right now. And it ain't on Buck.

Maybe they will just send him home to think about it then. Because he is not starting for this team right now. And it ain't on Buck.

And I am not saying start him Weams. I am saying if you are gonna put him in the bullpen.. Don't let him sit for 8 days and expect a miracle from him. Regularly pitching begets better performances.

And I am not saying start him Weams. I am saying if you are gonna put him in the bullpen.. Don't let him sit for 8 days and expect a miracle from him. Regularly pitching begets better performances.

Buddy, he's not in the bullpen. He is banished for now. He was given an opportunity to pitch mop up and he blew it. He won;t start until we clinch and he wont pitch unless we are behind by five runs.

Archived