vs. Blue Jays 9/16

weams

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rofl:

Jimenez is a bad joke. It wasn't funny the first time. Now it's just getting old. Can we please, please just dump him on a street corner somewhere with the truckload of cash he's owed, and call it done?

My prediction is that, IF Ubaldo Jimenez ever gets his act together again -- which is a big IF -- it will not be in an Oriole uniform. Regardless of how many chances we give him, he'll need exactly one more chance than we gave him in order to become an awesome pitcher. Which means, if we give him 1 chance, he'll need 2. If we give him 100, he'll need 101. If we give him 10000000000000000, he'll need 10000000000000001. But he'll never get it together as an Oriole.

He's going to pull an Arrieta. Book it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• You've never really been a Stowers guy and have always put a huge emphasis on K-BB ratio. While I agree that K-BB ratio can be important, I believe you had misgivings with Mountcastle as he moved up the chain for the same reason. Stowers is always going to have a lot of miss, but he's not getting much regular playing time and pinch-hitting against relievers is not normally a time to work pitchers so I'm not surprised he's been more aggressive. I still think if Stowers was given 500 PAs he's going to hit 25-30 bombs and put up an OPS north of .780. And I think he's improved his defense enough that I would feel ok with him in LF in Camden Yards.
    • I'm talking about the tone.  It's like they are gleeful that Cease is going through a rough patch.
    • Mullins is a guy that has very little chance of getting an extension or a large contract from anyone. He makes sense as a 4th outfielder type on a team with a right-handed hitting CF, something the Orioles won't have unless Jud Fabian just completely turns it on.  I have to imagine this will be Mullins last year with the Orioles, which should move Cowser into center opening up left field for Stowers next year.  
    • Boras says a lot of nothing. He always praises the organizations and says his players like it there because why wouldn't he? He's the type of guy where you can't read into anything he says because it's all BS. He's a politician. 
    • It's a great question. I really don't think Stowers was as slow as his first spring speeds. He never seemed that slow in the minors so I was surprised by his original times. Now maybe he did do some speed training to help him improve, but I also think he may not have been 100% when he came up the first time.  But since this is Mayo's thread, I'd be very surprised if he's not activated today back to the Norfolk roster. 
    • Verlander was a once in baseball history type of move. He was an August waiver trade. He had actually cleared waivers. Meaning not even one team just put in a general claim to just take on the rest of his deal. Not even an AL rival put in a claim just to block it ala the Padres with Randy Myers back in the day. 
  • Popular Contributors