Potential Rain Out on Thursday

Crazysilver03

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cal was much later in the season.

As far as seeking the limelight goes, Cal and Jeter are night and day. Other players had to force Cal to acknowledge the crowd during 2,131. He just wanted to keep the game going.

I'll say it. I hope it rains cats and dogs all day Thursday and tomorrow ends up being the last home game for Jeter. Call me a MFY hater. I am.

As far as seeking the limelight goes, Cal and Jeter are night and day. Other players had to force Cal to acknowledge the crowd during 2,131. He just wanted to keep the game going.

I'll say it. I hope it rains cats and dogs all day Thursday and tomorrow ends up being the last home game for Jeter. Call me a MFY hater. I am.

Me too. And I still like Dipper.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoe0p1gZ5tFa_XLpDMbmdZWo5vffZYj0Hmrk3AswlQDM3ik8XRNA

The O's also sucked during Cal's last season, the Yankees have been trying to compete and as painful as it is for me to say having sucked completly.

Coastal Low appears to have formed off the coast of GA/SC.

wow. 2" of rain forecast in the next 48 hours for NYC, all coming after tomorrow. maybe 3" for NYC in the next 72.

I don't know how you play that game Thursday if that forecast holds up.

If we end up within a half game of the Angels for the #1 seed at the end of the season, they'd certainly force us to play the game. It would impact playoff seeding.
If they make us play' date='[/size'] I say send the spring training b squad to NY to play and get everyone else ready for the playoffs.

It's not an arbitrary decision.

Either the game will be played if it has playoff seeding implications (such as the Orioles finishing 1/2 a game behind the Angels,), or it won't.

Could we forfeit?

I suppose we could.

I don't think that Showalter would do that, though.

At worst, he would probably just bus up 4 or 5 pitchers that he had no intention of putting on the playoff roster, along with 11 or 12 position players (of which at least 4 or 5 that he would have no intention of having on the playoff roster), and keep everybody else home.

Archived