Keri: 2015 Os Should Be Even Better

MachoMachadoMan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry for you. I have faith that this team is well on it's way to consistent relevancy.

I agree. A lot of reasons to believe this. One should state their position when making such conclusions. WHY has the window shut for short and long-term? For starters, name a team in the entire league that is as rich at starter as the Orioles. And all but one under 30 with more on the way. How does that spell doom?

Only a serious pessimist would really believe this. I know we all put on our critique glasses but come on. Show some gratitude people. Three winning seasons with continued growth and direction from a solid manager in Buck. And it's all suddenly over? My, my my...

The MFY are currently committed to 166 M before arb. So 90 M added brings them to 256 M. Considering they were 241 M this season I don't think that's a stretch.

The Yankees payroll was at right at 200 million this season with the payments from the Cubs and the Rodriguez contract off the books. They don't have a ton of money for next season with the number at about 180 million with the increase in arbitration guys like Nova, Kelly, Cervelli and Phelps. If they resign Headly, and Robertson they are right at 200 million. There is no way the have the money for Rameriez, Shields, and Scherzer that will be another 60 million or so.

The Yankees payroll was at right at 200 million this season with the payments from the Cubs and the Rodriguez contract off the books. They don't have a ton of money for next season with the number at about 180 million with the increase in arbitration guys like Nova, Kelly, Cervelli and Phelps. If they resign Headly, and Robertson they are right at 200 million. There is no way the have the money for Rameriez, Shields, and Scherzer that will be another 60 million or so.

What makes you think that the Yankees have a payroll limit? I wouldn't be surprised if their revenues could support a $300M payroll.

Archived