Are Tillman/Patton our top 2 pitching prospects now?

Crazysilver03

I know Liz, Arrieta, and Spoone our are top pitching prospects (with Olson and Beato as well), but do Tillman and Patton automatically become our best pitching prospects?

I would say:

1) Tillman

2) Patton

3) Liz

4) Spoone

5) Penn

6) Arrieta

7) Olson

8) Erbe

9) Bascom

10) Butler

11) Beato

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know Liz, Arrieta, and Spoone our are top pitching prospects (with Olson and Beato as well), but do Tillman and Patton automatically become our best pitching prospects?

I would say:

1) Tillman

2) Patton

3) Liz

4) Spoone

5) Penn

6) Arrieta

7) Olson

8) Erbe

9) Bascom

10) Butler

11) Beato

I'm going to look over things but it's going to be close. Off hand, I think I would go with:

1) Tillman

2) Spoone

3) Liz

4) Patton

I would say:

1) Tillman

2) Patton

3) Liz

4) Spoone

5) Penn

6) Arrieta

7) Olson

8) Erbe

9) Bascom

10) Butler

11) Beato

I put DHernandez in Bascom spot. As I believe most publication has him ahead of Bascom with the exception of Top Prospect.

I put DHernandez in Bascom spot. As I believe most publication has him ahead of Bascom with the exception of Top Prospect.

I think it is hard to judge Bascom against Hernandez. I know Hernandez has pitched in High A ball, but I think Bascom has a decent ceiling. I almost think he is more of a sure thing to make the MLs than DH, but who knows.

No matter how you rank these pitchers, you have to take a step back and look at the list and recognize we now have true organizational depth as far as pitchers go.

If 5 of those 11 pitchers listed make it to the bigs, whether it's as a starter or reliever, I'll be very impressed by what the Orioles accomplished as far as building a farm system that can supply the mothership.

1) Liz

2) Spoone

3) Penn

4) Tillman

5) Erbe

6) Patton

If we are talking about ceilings. Penn's stuff is overlooked because of the injuries. But if he is healthy his stuff is right up there IMO.

People are probably going to think I'm crazy, but as far as ceilings go, I think Liz and Penn are interchangeable.

I really, really, really, really, really hope we don't give up on Penn too soon.

At this point I have to ask: ARE you DHernandez, or a relative, or do you know him personally? Because it seems like 90% of your posts are advocating for him.

At this point I have to ask: ARE you DHernandez, or a relative, or do you know him personally? Because it seems like 90% of your posts are advocating for him.

He just happens to be my favorite player and I'm just trying to give him props that no one else does. Also is that against board rules???

It doesn't matter anyway because after this season he will turn alot of heads!!!

He just happens to be my favorite player and I'm just trying to give him props that no one else does. Also is that against board rules???

It doesn't matter anyway because after this season he will turn alot of heads!!!

Not against board rules - and I don't think Frobby implied that it was. It's just that this is the only thing you ever seem to post on. It's odd.

And it's certainly not true that no one gives him props. We just don't overlook his flaws and hype his accomplishments in the same disproportionate manner you do. I'm sure he's glad to have an advocate, though.

And it's great to see someone so enthusiastic, I guess.

I don't chime in here much... but was thinking of a new thread...

The Hangout Staff has a WHOLE LOT of re-evaluating to do on our prospect list. Good times! :P

I might wait another week or two before revising anything. You may just have to figure out where Veal and Gallagher should go on these lists.:)

Archived