Anyone getting tired of the "do-nothing" approach???

PA724_Oriole

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think any of the available players are a much better option than in house guys or guys that will be released during ST.

I say make a trade for Upton or Kemp... or sit tight

No interest in:

Aoki

Rasmus

Stubbs

Delmon Yount

If Colby Rasmus can be had on the cheap then I might have an interest in a one a one year deal with him. If he could say approximate his 2013 campaign then it would be a win win for both parties, it would let him reestablish his ability to be vastly overpaid by some sucker and would let us get a year of cheapish production while giving Alvarez time to work on his game at AAA

I don't think any of the available players are a much better option than in house guys or guys that will be released during ST.

No interest in:

Aoki

Rasmus

Stubbs

Delmon Yount

Yea I was including those two guys. Wouldn't be shocked if they both have been moved by the end of this week and we're stuck with your "no interest" list.

I'd love to get Max Scherzer and J. Upton.

Then sign Delmon Young for 2 years and get some catching depth.

The rest you fill with in-house development.

MSK

I'd love to get Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johannson

Fill in the rest with young talent.

Think I have a better shot of that happening than seeing the O's sign Scherzer and trade for Upton....

Just messing with ya :)

No interest in:

Aoki

Rasmus

Stubbs

Delmon Yount

Is that Robin's younger brother? I would be interested in him. :)

Can you please stop trolling me in every thread? You think they're the most amazing team ever regardless of personnel, we've established that. I like when the Orioles are good and wish the team cared as much as most people do and tried to improve instead of cost cutting and bargain bin junk, we've established that. There's nothing left to discuss.

These bargain shoppers and junk dealers are the same team that won the AL East by 12 games, right? That's who we're talking about? And the team that has the best record in the AL East during the past 3 years? Just wondering if we're talking about the same team?

These bargain shoppers and junk dealers are the same team that won the AL East by 12 games, right? That's who we're talking about? And the team that has the best record in the AL East during the past 3 years? Just wondering if we're talking about the same team?

That's not enough.

[video=youtube;Nwb-ighjXZ8]

I'd love to get Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johannson

Fill in the rest with young talent.

Think I have a better shot of that happening than seeing the O's sign Scherzer and trade for Upton....

Just messing with ya :)

God, that's a tough choice.

I'd have to go with JLAW because she hasn't had a kid yet. ScarJo is spoken for.

MSK

Is very frustrating. I hop on trade rumors and see other teams making moves and see Padres are the most likely candidates to get Kemp. Ok, thats fine because.im not high on wanting him anyway. Then I see Indians acquire Moss. That's a bigger blow considering he could have played 1B and RF. I don't know what the Indians gave up but still. But that's not the worst.

I scroll down and see we are in talks with Rasmus and Aoki and I almost cried. Then I thought this team was a Nelson Cruz sighing elsewhere from finishing 2nd or 3rd in a division that was probably at its worst last year than ever before.

I just think DD is getting too much credit from some of you. I think a lot of things fell into his lap. Like the signing of Cruz for example. The one thing that brought him here was the opportunity to play the field. Well considering at the time the Os still had no idea who would be playing LF, it wasn't that hard of a sell.

A lot of time left before this final roster is set but I'm not feeling too optimistic about where this team will be come May.

Norris, Chen, Gonzalez and Gausman just fell into his lap. Realize the team isn't scoring more runs than when Macphail was the GM. The improvements have been pitching and defense.

He didn't get anyone in 2013 off season. He won't pay for hitters. If you think he is going to get Kemp you are mistaken. Why take another teams terrible contract on? If you sign a bunch of injury prone guys long term you won't be able to pay for Guys you need to tie up.

It would be one thing if the Orioles took the savings from Cruz, Miller, and Markakis and did something bold like get in on Lester. That I would love to see. I know it has 0% chance.

Yeah signing a 30 year old pitcher to a seven year contract seems like a swell idea.

Archived