Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles had 24 hours to poach a coach from Texas. Texas should have told the hypocritical Orioles where to go.

I doubt if his first year on the job as minor league hitting coordinator was on a long-term deal. The Rangers just offered him a 3-year deal to stay. My guess is that his contract was about to expire. Could be why the O's decided to wait after the Rangers denied their first request.

Exactly. But until then he has no choice. Which makes for possibly a disgruntled employee. Which usually doesn't but their current employers best interests at the top of their priority lists.

If he doesn't do his job to the best of his ability he'll be fired and won't be worthy of a better job. The best way for him to get his dream job is to do a great job with the O's.

Exactly. But until then he has no choice. Which makes for possibly a disgruntled employee. Which usually doesn't but their current employers best interests at the top of their priority lists.

You can assume that as you wish. There are thirty of these jobs. Anywhere. Dan is happy with his. Would he take a promotion to a job that there are 7 of? Sure.

If he is going to Toronto in 3 years (If they still want him) I don't have much faith in a lame duck GM with plans on going to a rival. Just my feelings.

Out of curiosity, how would this differ from the amount of faith you would have in the Orioles' GM if there was no Toronto situation? Seriously, I don't memorize all of your posts, but from what I've noticed, you don't tend to be on board with whatever the Orioles' FO is doing, going back long before the DD to Toronto rumors ever came out. Am I wrong about that?

If he doesn't do his job to the best of his ability he'll be fired and won't be worthy of a better job. The best way for him to get his dream job is to do a great job with the O's.

Or the Orioles step up and do the right thing. I think maybe Buck has more input then Dan likes. Thats just my opinion.

Out of curiosity, how would this differ from the amount of faith you would have in the Orioles' GM if there was no Toronto situation? Seriously, I don't memorize all of your posts, but from what I've noticed, you don't tend to be on board with whatever the Orioles' FO is doing, going back long before the DD to Toronto rumors ever came out. Am I wrong about that?

Actually you are wrong. I've always said I trusted DD plan. Up until the Toronto situation came up..

Archived