Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Now what do you think Weams. List gets leaked. Already talk that the Jays have asked for permission to talk to Williams. That sounds a little too fast for it to be just some list that got leaked.

My guess is that the list got leaked from the MLB office when the BJ notified MLB that they were going to contact teams to request permission. MLB is a sieve.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now what do you think Weams. List gets leaked. Already talk that the Jays have asked for permission to talk to Williams. That sounds a little too fast for it to be just some list that got leaked.

Yup...exactly.

These are big boys playing big boy games...never forget that.

Any GM with ethics is not a good one. Its part of the job description

I think the timing of this is really bush league on the Blue Jays' part. I've got no problem with them seeking to talk to Duquette, but this isn't the right time for that.

So so true.

Its completely and totally ridiculous.

I hope they are forced to pony up ridiculous compensation to the White Sox for Kenny Williams cause I hope to god its not DD who takes the job

This has turned serious. I'm not gonna just write this off as some normal leak now, this could cause some real moves.

Like I said earlier there is no way Toronto drops this bomb without having gauged some level of interest.

The only other possibility is that Kenny Williams is the real target and they threw in DD's name just to mess with us.

I doubt that though. DD would be a very very popular hire there. Did a good job with Montreal and your screwing us also.

Screw the Jays

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a> balking at giving permission executive VP Ken Williams to speak to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> about becoming president/CEO?</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Williams, in turn, is considering resigning. Promotion to president/CEO is a major step, just as it would be for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>? Duquette.</p>? Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How would resigning allow Williams to take the Jays job? He's under contract and most contracts stipulate if you quit you can't take another job within a certain timeframe (usually a year) to my knowledge.

Wish someone from the Orioles would come out and say the same thing.

Yup. That would make Duquette's day wouldn't it. "Sorry Dan, we can't let you go but here's a few extra bucks and how about we give you a new and more impressive sounding title. How's "Grand Poobah of the Baltimore Orioles" sound to you"?

How would resigning allow Williams to take the Jays job? He's under contract and most contracts stipulate if you quit you can't take another job within a certain timeframe (usually a year) to my knowledge.

Unless its a promotion.

Most contracts stipulate if your employed you cannot interview without permission. The way around that is to resign, then you can interview. You cant accept a lateral job but you could take a promotion.

Personally this is GOOD NEWS.

If Williams is willing to resign he must feel the job is his or there is a high probability. Which tells me that perhaps DD has shot them down ...just speculating.

Archived