Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

If thats the case, Dylan Bundy could retire. Then sign with a team guaranteeing him a spot in their mlb rotation. It usually doesn't work that way.

Then I am not getting the benefit to Williams resigning.

So because you wont let me interview for this job I would rather be unemployed. Obviously he would be resigning for a reason and I guessing it would be to ultimately facilitate him getting the job

What good is he to the White Sox once he resigns? At that point would it not be better to let him interview and then get compensated? He is no longer working for you regardless

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gamesmanship. Letting it be known that he's considering resigning might encourage them to fire him. Then, there should be nothing blocking him from interviewing.

Only if they're stupid enough to fire him. Then they still pay him and don't have as much leverage to prevent him from interviewing. Why would you fire an employee who wants to quit?

Only if they're stupid enough to fire him. Then they still pay him and don't have as much leverage to prevent him from interviewing. Why would you fire an employee who wants to quit?

Why would you retain an executive who doesn't want to work for you?

Gamesmanship. Letting it be known that he's considering resigning might encourage them to fire him. Then, there should be nothing blocking him from interviewing.

Why would they fire him? Then they could not receive compensation. Whole thing makes no sense to me. Seems like if he resigns then the White Sox impetus to prevent him from interviewing goes away. Its now in the White Sox interest for him to be hired at that point since its the only way to get compensated for him. Once he resigns, he is of no use to them other than compensation right?

This has the potential to be a day that will live in infamy for O's nation

Nope if Dan wants to go you let him go. Now if Dan stays that will tell me the Owner cares about winning.

The Blue Jays gave the O's permission to interview LaCava. I'm guessing they expect the same consideration.

It's not about them wanting DD for me. It's about the timing. You mean they just realized they wanted a new CEO? Right at the winter meetings? This was planned out.

To prevent a rival from improperly poaching them.

Forget that. Once they no longer work for me, might as well salvage what I can and take some form of compensation.

Personally I think my point remains. If Williams is actually willing to go that far then perhaps DD has already shot Toronto down. I cant see Williams doing that unless he felt pretty confident he would be the guy or is an utter idiot.

The timing is different (yes, it sucks), but it still would be a promotion.

I think the problem is 'the leak'. This information coming out before they have asked for permission can cause problems internally. How the fan base reacts doesn't matter so much, but that phone conversation (I'd call DD if it I was Angelos) between Angelos and DD (who we assume is just now hearing about this) might be interesting.

It shouldn't be handled this way and it makes one wonder if Toronto did this on purpose.

Nope if Dan wants to go you let him go. Now if Dan stays that will tell me the Owner cares about winning.

DD is staying.

Williams willing to resign has me convinced that DD has either turned it down or was their 2nd choice.

Maybe I am grasping at straws but it has me hopeful none the less

I think the problem is 'the leak'. This information coming out before they have asked for permission can cause problems internally. How the fan base reacts doesn't matter so much, but that phone conversation (I'd call DD if it I was Angelos) between Angelos and DD (who we assume is just now hearing about this) might be interesting.

It shouldn't be handled this way and it makes one wonder if Toronto did this on purpose.

How do you know the leak came before they asked the O's for permission? The leak came today. So did word that the White Sox are considering denying permission. We don't know when they asked.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Ken Williams when asked about his next step: “I’m focused on helping the White Sox win another championship.”</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Williams on whether he would resign from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash">#WhiteSox</a>: “I’ve considered all options as anyone would given the set of circumstances.”</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hey Dan you wanna say something?

Archived