Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Only if they're stupid enough to fire him. Then they still pay him and don't have as much leverage to prevent him from interviewing. Why would you fire an employee who wants to quit?

If the employee is in a position where trust is paramount for him doing his job effectively (for example he's privy to proprietary information which would be the case with an ML GM) then you quickly remove his ability to weaken your business. Time would be of the essence in that kind of situation.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the employee is in a position where trust is paramount for him doing his job effectively (for example he's privy to proprietary information which would be the case with an ML GM) then you quickly remove his ability to weaken your business. Time would be of the essence in that kind of situation.

Only if you think he would risk his career by not doing the job to the utmost of his abilities.

Another possibility is the BJs know who they're hiring (not DD) and they leaked this to try to cause problems between DD and PA.

Or just to cause general doubt about the Orioles leadership with FA and potential trade partners. I kinda doubt this but its always possible.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Don't expect a decision on Beeston's replacement before the new year.</p>— Bob McCown (@FadooBobcat) <a href="

">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We should know more this evening when Duquette meets with the media.

I can't see how it is a promotion. Unless there is a business side he can run that he doesn't here. Even if that were so, would be even want those responsibilities?

BTW, how dirty of an organization is Toronto? Both on the field and off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another possibility is the BJs know who they're hiring (not DD) and they leaked this to try to cause problems between DD and PA.

If true, I really hate to say this type of thing, but I hope Bautista, Encarnacion, and Donaldson all end up on the 60 day DL. We already know Reyes will visit it.

Archived