Is now the time to extend Bud?

Dark Helmet

Cool let's just keep letting our good players walk cause they might cost to much. IMO next off season is gonna be ugly when we loss 6 to 7 starters (Davis , Wieters < Chen , Norris , Pearce and De Aza) I Give Adam Jones 2 more years till he wants out of Baltimore.

You get new, younger, less expensive good players and let other folks pay for the used to be good older players. That's how you do it. And you get picks for the older players and you get get new good players and you develop them. With a good system.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You get new, younger, less expensive good players and let other folks pay for the used to be good older players. That's how you do it. And you get picks for the older players and you get get new good players and you develop them. With a good system.

You act like the Orioles are a small market team. I would be cool with this if the Orioles had any position player prospects.

Because Jones is great and he likes winning. Which is what they do in Baltimore.

This team has one . You really think they are going to spend to fill holes at C, 1B, DH, LF, and RF? Hardy will be another year older. Who knows what Schoop will be. I love Jones, but he can't carry a team alone.

You act like the Orioles are a small market team. I would be cool with this if the Orioles had any position player prospects.

And we have no position player prospects, because to some extent, we've invested so heavily in developing pitching. BUT, this organization is so poorly run, we can't even believe that within the next year or two, Baltimore will be able to call up a pitching prospect who can give him a 1 to 2 WAR season for the league minimum. So lets pay market value to lock up the 30 year old ones we do have.

This team has one . You really think they are going to spend to fill holes at C, 1B, DH, LF, and RF? Hardy will be another year older. Who knows what Schoop will be. I love Jones, but he can't carry a team alone.

Don't worry our minor league system is filled of position player prospects. Said no one.:D

Archived