Wedding Bells for Jones, Tillman, Machado and Webb

Frobby

Adam Jones got married last weekend, the latest of four O's to tie the knot this offseason. http://m.masn.mobi/school-of-roch/2014/12/orioles-interest-in-rasmus-is-real.html Congrats to all!

As an aside, when the O's won the World Series in 1970, Bobby Grich was the only bachelor on the team's Series roster. So go get hitched, boys!

Guys more worried about the long-haul success/legacy than short-term thrills. I'm looking at you Ayala!

17wz2o5i49ljcjpg.jpg

http://deadspin.com/5937686/this-is-how-relievers-try-to-pick-up-ladies-before-ballgames

(To be fair, I think Ayala was married at the time...)

:smile11:

Rick,

Up early making the posts. Interesting post from Roch this morning including the weddings.

FYI (and also good natured teasing to you and Michael),

Rox and I are in Sarasota as I type this e-mail. We are looking to buy a couple investment properties. There is a high probability that I will spend all of spring training in Sarasota fixing up the properties and watching the Birds. After 11.5 years of working for a defense contractor, I left my job and I'm going back to doing stuff for myself. Flipping housing in Sarasota is a strong contender right now.

You need to get down here this year.

That sounds like a phenomenal Spring :eek:

Rick,

Up early making the posts. Interesting post from Roch this morning including the weddings.

Rox and I are in Sarasota as I type this e-mail. We are looking to buy a couple investment properties. There is a high probability that I will spend all of spring training in Sarasota fixing up the properties and watching the Birds. After 11.5 years of working for a defense contractor, I left my job and I'm going back to doing stuff for myself. Flipping housing in Sarasota is a strong contender right now.

Well, now that I have a free place to stay.... ;)

Rick,

Are you inviting us to stay with you? I'm a pretty handy DIYer! :D

Y'all know my thoughts on marriage. Was it Jimmy Key who tanked that one year?
Women weaken legs. JJ Hardy was married last offseason. 25 HRs in 2013, 9 in 2014.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CObJZf2YzDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

engagement ring--------->wedding ring--------->suffering :D

Rick,

Sounds like fun Bruce. Gotta be fun to get out of the rat race! Good luck!

Adam Jones got married last weekend, the latest of four O's to tie the knot this offseason.

Reminiscent of the 1888 Brooklyn team in the American Association. From Wikipedia: "With the 1888 season, the Brooklyn Grays underwent a name change to the Brooklyn Bridegrooms, a nickname that resulted from several team members getting married around the same time." That franchise moved to the National League in 1890 and eventually became the Dodgers. From baseball-reference.com: "The Los Angeles Dodgers franchise started in 1884 as the Brooklyn Atlantics of the American Association, then became the Brooklyn Grays for the 1885-1887 seasons, and then became the Brooklyn Bridegrooms. The franchise were the Bridegrooms from 1888-1890, and then from 1896-1898. From 1891 to 1895, the team dropped the Bride part of their nickname, and played as the Brooklyn Grooms."

Hope we stick with Orioles.

Archived