Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

I don't know we need a bat BAD, but I am not sure Reimold is the answer?

Average Glove, Average career OPS, ALWAYS HURT? Didn't the Blue Jays give him a real shot last year and that flamed out too? I never got the fascination with Reimold, but I admit being desperate for ANY BAT. I don't have big expectations here so any success will be a pleasant surprise.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would they go short a pitcher for an unnecessary extra RH bat at DH?

Buck doesn't normally put rookies in pressure situations until they prove themselves. Roe had to play in loses until he showed well. So Cabral probably is not a impact guy for a while. He is a one inning guy for the most part.

If Reimold is called up I have to think he is the O's starting LFer and leadoff hit. Its the only reason I can think that they call him up.

Buck doesn't normally put rookies in pressure situations until they prove themselves. Roe had to play in loses until he showed well. So Cabral probably is not a impact guy for a while. He is a one inning guy for the most part.

If Reimold is called up I have to think he is the O's starting LFer and leadoff hit. Its the only reason I can think that they call him up.

Cabral's 1st appearance was the 8th inning in a 2-1 game on Saturday. I would classify that as a pressure situation.

I guess we trust in Buck, but it would be somewhat unusual to start a guy and lead him off when his MLB OBP since 2010 is an even .300.

If he didn't intend to use Cabral why did he call him up? They had other options. Doesn't make sense to me. And I don't see why they would start Reimold in the OF over the other OF options? The only one who might be worse on defense is Delmon and his numbers don't show that.

Except Manny in 2012. Or Caleb Joseph last year. Or Mike Wright and Tyler Wilson this year. Sure, the exceptions prove the rule, but it's not like Matusz has a lock on the LOOGY position.

I have been wrong more often than not in predicting roster moves, but I am going to guess TJ will be the guy to go. He just hasn't shown anything at the MLB level this year. He is not really the present or the future for the O's.

What I don't like ab I out the Reimold move is that we are already so constrained by guys who can't be optioned. What happens when Matusz comes back? What about Schoop? This is going to force us to make some painful choices and I am not sure Reimold brings enough to justify his spot.

I am not happy about this move if I am Steve Pearce or Jimmy Paredes.

If he didn't intend to use Cabral why did he call him up? They had other options. Doesn't make sense to me. And I don't see why they would start Reimold in the OF over the other OF options? The only one who might be worse on defense is Delmon and his numbers don't show that.

Why did they call up Navarro and send up down? Hard to explain what the O's do sometimes.

Why did they call up Navarro and send up down? Hard to explain what the O's do sometimes.
They called up Navarro as health insurance for Hardy and Flash until they needed to make room for Norris. What does that have to do with Cabral? They need two lefties in the pen. They don't need 6 OF or 4 DH.

Part of that I'm sure is youth and hunger, and wanting to scrap your way to the next level. But another part is that, if you run hard, the chances that the fielders in the Appalachian League will mess up a routine play are much greater than the chances that major leaguers will mess up the same play.

But you and I both know that sooner or later even a Mark Belanger or a Brooks Robinson will booble a ball and if you are running as fast as your legs will carry you that you will be safe at first. Which is why every committed player from the Little League to the Major League needs to make maximum effort on every play. No excuses. Do it!

Archived